Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ashley Barnes

big gull

Feb 2, 2012
LA (the sussex version)
Does anyone agree with me that Barnes is the unsung hero of the team. His performances in the last 2 games have been superb. Admittedly his form previously lacked some inspiration but he provides so much cover for the left back and now he seems to be worrying the opposition defences as well. Now we have a chance to give CMS the rest he needs and deserves before our final push for a play off place.:clap:

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
Yeah, no, of course.

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
He reminds me very much of a lower league James Milner, always puts in a decent effort and is able to carry out the managers instructions.

I don't really think of as a striker who will score bundles of goals at this level. He is a decent squad player for us at the moment but I think if we are being realistic about promotion then a squad player is all I will ever see him as.

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
I think he's worth three points. In any competition.

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
he plays the same role as dirk kuyt does at liverpool,gives 100% good defensively & every now and again will score an important goal,just like he did at wrexham & palace.
i don't know this but he must be close to being our top scorer so far this season

Albalbion

Feb 24, 2009
Kingston
i think hes excellent in the midfield area, he gets back whenever he needs to, is good with the ball at his feet, picks out some lovely passes (check that amazing cross over to buckley against palace) and hes pretty good sitting behind CMS and cropping up with the odd goal. thought he was outstanding against palace the other night, hes getting better all the time.

Telford Seagull

Jul 5, 2011
Telford
I agree with this and i do feel sorry for him because every time poyet playes barnes through the middle he ALWAYS plays him really deep so he's practically in midfield. The lad trys but i think he'd be better up there with cms and lettting.cms buz around him

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade
he plays the same role as dirk kuyt does at liverpool,gives 100% good defensively & every now and again will score an important goal,just like he did at wrexham & palace.
i don't know this but he must be close to being our top scorer so far this season

He is.
I agree with you.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
I'll always defend Barnes & just don't understand some of the abuse he gets.

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
I'll always defend Barnes & just don't understand some of the abuse he gets.

It's easy to understand the abuse he gets. A lot of Brighton fans feel more adequate if they've got a player to abuse. I make a point of cheering Barnes for this reason as well as his great contribution since joining the club.

Simon Morgan

Oct 30, 2004
Oxford
He is neither amazing nor shit, something people don't seem to understand. Considering where he came from he has done bloody well for us. He is also still very young and as a result unsurprisingly inconsistent.

Sent from my iPhone using a messenger pigeon

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
If another club came in for him and offered peanuts to take away our top scorer, many on here would change their minds... He will probably never be a superstar but he will deffo become a top draw pro, and for that he should get more respect from our fans IMHO!

He has a raw attitude but an ability to find the onion bag... I'm not his biggest fan but I am coming round to the fact that he is giving his all for the cause!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here