Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ashley Barnes, The Latest: Ashley Barnes Signs for Burnley *Confirmation*

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Thanks for everything you did for The Albion Ashley. I sincerely hope that you are respected by the Burnley fans much better than you were treated by a noisy minority of cretins that supposedly support Brighton & Hove Albion.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Ashley Barnes has said thank you to Albion’s fans and told seagulls.co.uk he will take many fond memories from his time with the club.

The striker completed his move to Burnley earlier today, but before heading off to Yeovil with his new side for their game Huish Park tomorrow, the former Plymouth Argyle striker took time out to say a fond farewell to Seagulls fans.

“I am sorry to leave Brighton, but it was a fantastic opportunity with Burnley and one which I really had to take,” he explained. “I hope fans understand that football can be like that.

“Now I am now looking forward to the next chapter of my career at a new club – but I will take away some brilliant memories from time with the Albion.

“The fans have been fantastic to me, and the last four years have been brilliant. It’s been a rollercoaster, but with a lot more ups than downs – both for the club and me personally.

“I’d also like to thank those at the club who’ve helped me develop as a player, especially Gus, Tano and Charlie. And since the summer Oscar and Nathan.

“Brighton are a great club and I am sure they will continue to progress with Oscar. He is a top coach and I have enjoyed my time playing for him this season, and I would like to thank him and wish him well.”

Barnes is already looking forward to a swift reunion with his former colleagues, when Albion travel to Burnley on the 28th January.

“As a professional I will be looking to do my best for Burnley, I’m sure Albion fans will understand that sentiment will be put to one side for that match; maybe a few will give me a bit of banter from the stands – but I hope most will remember the good things I did for the club.

“My highlights are winning the league and scoring 20 goals in the championship-winning season, helping to establish Brighton as a real force in the Championship and I will never forget that first game at the Amex, and beating Doncaster 2-1.

“I will always have a soft spot for the club and wish all the lads well for the rest of the season – except of course when they come to Turf Moor!

Read more at http://www.seagulls.co.uk/news/article/ash-says-thanks-to-fans-1286305.aspx#LGEbQ6IRIwzBJmJk.99
Nice words. I hope he doesn't celebrate too much when he scores against us. A raised hand I can cope with, but hopefully no pumping his fist at albion fans.

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
I am sorry to lose Ashley as well as I rated him and he always tried his best for us.:(

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
I'm not at all sorry he's gone. He was never first choice striker, if he played on the wing it was a position another squad player could have played better and the majority of his goals came in league one! I wish him well but all this Barnes love in stuff is a bit cringeworthy.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
I am sorry to lose Ashley as well as I rated him and he always tried his best for us.:(

My thoughts as well. He scored a lot of CRACKING goals and missed a few as well - but so what?
I hope he does well for Burnley and whoever we get in to replace him does even better:albion2:

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
I'm not at all sorry he's gone. He was never first choice striker, if he played on the wing it was a position another squad player could have played better and the majority of his goals came in league one! I wish him well but all this Barnes love in stuff is a bit cringeworthy.

Well done getting to your 5001 post with that cringeworthy effort

sagaman

Dec 25, 2005
Brighton
Really sorry to see Ash go

Top young man who always tried his best and a pretty good scoring rate given he was so little used as a striker

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

.football is a game of emotion and feeling ..thats the way it is...pity you find it a problem..still it wont hurt you will it

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Out of interest and assuming the fee was £750K, does that make this the third highest fee received by the club?

Zamora, Virgo, Bennett, Noone, and Lawrenson were sold for more, maybe some others.

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
Oh God, who are the bellend fans going to moan about now?

Probably concentrate on getting Oscar out. Ashley got a lot of stick from some of the fans on here which he didn't deserve. Good luck to him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here