Ashley Barnes, The Latest: Ashley Barnes Signs for Burnley *Confirmation*

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Andy Naylor surprised at Barnes move...

[tweet]421203135739088896[/tweet]

My thoughts
- Club pinning hopes on CMS, Ulloa, Obika for next few months.
- Have another striker already lined up in addition those three

Assume that club are letting Barnes (and also Barker go) without advanced talks/interest in a replacement.

rouseytastic

Sep 22, 2011
Haywards Heath
What ever the reasons actually are, the fact Burnley clearly rate him and and have shown commitment to try and sign him (apparently they bid as soon as the window opened on New Year's Day after being unsuccessful 3 times in the summer) must appeal to him. He's been a bit 'marmite' for fans here and some of the grief he's had down the years have been amazing really. He must be feeling that a fresh start, possibly more bunce, and playing for a club that really really wants him is worth a shot. Hard to blame him really. For the record I think he's been fantastic and my eldest boy will be in bits. Dodgy temperament yes (even when walking around sainsburys with his family he looks like he's about to lose his rag!) but always committed. If it's true thanks for the effort and good luck
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1389259023.459185.jpg

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Agreed. We are basing an awful lot on speculation at this point.

Probably won't stop some people writing off new signings after a couple of lat sub appearances in games that are already over ad contests.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I wonder if all is well on the good ship BHAFC.

Kaz's club / Argus interview yesterday was very 'everyone is happy, loves the manager' - on the same week, we potentially lose 2 key players.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
If this is true we must have a replacement lined up unless Orlandi is going to be our number 10 position, playing a little further up. We can't go into this Saturday with just Ulloa and (possibly if cleared) Obika fit. CMS wont be ready until February.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
If Barnes goes as it seems he will, I am going to be absolutely gutted. Much more than when Murray was allowed to leave. In fact, I can't remember the last time I was this gutted a player was leaving. Even Johnny Byrne to Sunderland didn't leave me that upset because of the inevitability. This one, though, seems entirely preventable.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Probably won't stop some people writing off new signings after a couple of lat sub appearances in games that are already over ad contests.

I used to put them on my ignore list but now don't as I have a good laugh at their posts ............makes my day

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
There are many reasons why Ash would want to go somewhere new, but I really dont think the samll amount of grief he gets of a handful of Albion fans is the reason

I would imagine it will have far more to do with the money on offer, the length of contract and the position he is asked to play.

When everyone is fit its not unreasonable to assume that Ash would find his chances of playing reduced considerably, and who can blame him for wanting to play football.

I rate Ash, much more in the left sided role, which is probably the one he dislikes, and I would have been delighted had I found out he was signing a new deal for us.

But if he isnt signing one now, then it makes sense to cash in now rather than lose for nothing.

I really dont believe the ramblings of a few internet trolls will have anything to do with his decision.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
BBC (via Lancashire Telegraph) suggesting they are about to spend 1.25m on Nahki Wells, but also still want Barnes.

Would they need that many strikers?? Unless they are about to lose Ings.

"Burnley, second in the Championship table, are preparing an offer in excess of £1.25m for Bradford City striker Nahki Wells, reports the Lancashire Telegraph. The Clarets have still not given up hope of signing forward Ashley Barnes from Brighton."

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
BBC (via Lancashire Telegraph) suggesting they are about to spend 1.25m on Nahki Wells, but also still want Barnes.

Would they need that many strikers?? Unless they are about to lose Ings.

"Burnley, second in the Championship table, are preparing an offer in excess of £1.25m for Bradford City striker Nahki Wells, reports the Lancashire Telegraph. The Clarets have still not given up hope of signing forward Ashley Barnes from Brighton."

Would suggest Ings is off with Vokes having signed a new deal

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
I would hate to see him go. I can't remember a player who's gone on improving as dramatically as Barnes, and we won't find anyone who works harder.

I trust the club to do the right thing, but whatever happens I'm certain Barnes will go on to have a great career.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Clearly I don't want either to go, and it is very odd to be saying this, but I feel a bit more worried about the loss of Barnes than Bridcutt. I think Liam is the more obvious prem player, but we also have more cover for Liam's role and no one in the squad can do what Ash does as well as him just now.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
I would hate to see him go. I can't remember a player who's gone on improving as dramatically as Barnes, and we won't find anyone who works harder.

I trust the club to do the right thing, but whatever happens I'm certain Barnes will go on to have a great career.

Rather like Glenn Murray I suspect.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
I wonder if all is well on the good ship BHAFC.

Kaz's club / Argus interview yesterday was very 'everyone is happy, loves the manager' - on the same week, we potentially lose 2 key players.

This has been done to death. But wouldn't you, as a player, with no particular loyalty to BHAFC leave for higher wages and a better chance at playing in a higher division?

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
I find this one hard to understand. He has recently been in some of his best form for the Albion; he is not going to be an automatic first choice at Burnley; who in his right mind would want to live/work in Burnley?

I for one will be very sorry to see him go.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
My prediction is that in two weeks time Barnes will play against us in EXACTLY the same manner as he has played 100 times FOR us – work hard, win a load of high balls, win some free kicks, tackle back, miss a good chance, then score a tidy winner, and that afterwards 48 morons on NSC will each type exactly the same post, along the lines of “Why the fu(k did he never play like that for us?”

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
:(
I met him in Spain in the summer, Barnes. In the little quad of players who came over, he was the chatty and friendly one. I liked that we were told he doesn't eat anything he doesn't recognise, so either goes for a day without eating or gets a hold of a packet of Clubs or tin of Spam that perhaps those in charge keep for him just in case.
I'll be very sad if this happens and i hope we counter departure news with the excitement of a signing equalling Barnes' fee at least.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
My prediction is that in two weeks time Barnes will play against us in EXACTLY the same manner as he has played 100 times FOR us – work hard, win a load of high balls, win some free kicks, tackle back, miss a good chance, then score a tidy winner, and that afterwards 48 morons on NSC will each type exactly the same post, along the lines of “Why the fu(k did he never play like that for us?”

Post of the thread. That is EXACTLY what is going to happen. :(

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here