Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ashley Barnes, The Latest: Ashley Barnes Signs for Burnley *Confirmation*

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Twitter reports we've agreed a fee with Burnley for Barnes.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Source of reports? When I saw the loan was three months instead if one I did fear we'd lose Barnes.

Jimmy Grimble

Gutted if it turns out to be true. Constantly improving player. He's been noticeably better this season, and he hasn't let his performances or attitude drop despite the interest in him, unlike Bridcutt. A real shame.

The hope has to be that we've got someone else ready lined up with the money we'd get from Burnley. In fact, I don't think we'd actually sell unless this was case, or if it was silly money.

Last edited:

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Bad news!

JCL - the new kid in town

Aug 23, 2011
We need another striker if true, we can't rely on Ulloa alone as he may get injured and will get tired towards the end if the season. Obika may be great but that's a bit of a gamble and buying a striker in January is going to be expensive. We'd probably save 500k by buying in the summer which would counter any loss made on not selling Barnes now and losing him on a free.

As an aside I hope we have a good sell on clause for Barnes as burnley seem to manage to get strikers scoring loads and sell them on for good money.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
We need another striker if true, we can't rely on Ulloa alone as he may get injured and will get tired towards the end if the season. Obika may be great but that's a bit of a gamble and buying a striker in January is going to be expensive. We'd probably save 500k by buying in the summer which would counter any loss made on not selling Barnes now and losing him on a free.

As an aside I hope we have a good sell on clause for Barnes as burnley seem to manage to get strikers scoring loads and sell them on for good money.

They didn't get Kurt Nogan scoring. That turned out to be some great bit of business by us.

If Barnes goes i wish him all the Best. He was a vital piece of the machine which helped us romp to the league 1 title.

Last edited:

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Awful news if true but better than the possible June 2014 headline 'Barnes leaves Brighton on a free to Championship rivals Chrystal Palarse'. We won't have to spend the next 6 months worrying about his contract now.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Gutted if it turns out to be true. Constantly improving player. He's been noticeably better this season, and he hasn't let his performances or attitude drop despite the interest in him, unlike Bridcutt. A real shame.

The hope has to be that we've got someone else ready lined up with the money we'd get from Burnley. In fact, I don't think we'd actually sell unless this was case, or if it was silly money.

Obika is the replacement, we're cashing in now rather than losing him for nothing in a few months.

Really sad to see him go :(

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
So it seems we are still a selling club.

Barnes to a club in a sideways move situation. Bridcutt eventually once all the cliche drama is played out.

We'll miss Barnes far more than Bridders.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Going to go out on a limb here and suggest he won't be going anywhere.

Unless he's categorically stated that he has no interest in signing a new deal, we'd be crazy to let him go there.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
I'll decide if this was a good move by the club at the end of the season

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here