Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] Ashes 2021-22

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Watched until the fifth wicket went…and then the last four overs..after Leach (well done him) went it was sound down and looking through fingers until the final ball

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Test.jpg

This used to be me trying to survive in the gloom at half past seven thirty years ago

Shame we never see this is Sunday cricket anymore, it's all kiss me quick blasts nowadays.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Well done!

It was easy in the end with this pitch [emoji6]

Yep. One of the most placid fifth day pitches I've seen. As long as England didn't do something stupid ( like go the win), they could grind it out

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Marvellous fighting display to hang on by one wicket... lets take all the positives from this etc etc build on this blah blah and try not to lose the last, meaningless Test too.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
England unbeaten in 2022!

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
View attachment 143584

This used to be me trying to survive in the gloom at half past seven thirty years ago

Shame we never see this is Sunday cricket anymore, it's all kiss me quick blasts nowadays.

Usually because I'd played the role of Hameed at half past five :lolol:

Got up at six thirty this morning with the dog not expecting us to still be in, unless it was raining. He didn't get walkies till nearly eight. A real tense finish but this time some actual positives to take; five day test, no whitewash, first century of the tour, some actual runs from an opener.

Might make Hobart vaguely interesting, in a "we could possibly draw again" kind of way.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Usually because I'd played the role of Hameed at half past five :lolol:

Got up at six thirty this morning with the dog not expecting us to still be in, unless it was raining. He didn't get walkies till nearly eight. A real tense finish but this time some actual positives to take; five day test, no whitewash, first century of the tour, some actual runs from an opener.

Might make Hobart vaguely interesting, in a "we could possibly draw again" kind of way.

Does the dog get used to you both going out partying in the middle of dry nights ? Or is it a keen cricket fan ?

Oh, I love the multiple meanings of screen grammar

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Next match a day nighter in Hobart. Even the English players will be in jumpers.

Looks like the Championship matches in April had some reason to them after all :lolol:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Next match a day nighter in Hobart. Even the English players will be in jumpers.

Looks like the Championship matches in April had some reason to them after all :lolol:

Forecast looks pretty English - and wet.

Might be draw weather but it might also be "lose the toss, get inserted and end up 37 all out" weather.

The Tassie Seagull

Dave Clarkson's Left Sock
Forecast looks pretty English - and wet.

Might be draw weather but it might also be "lose the toss, get inserted and end up 37 all out" weather.

Maybe, should have been in the north of the state wedge on Saturday. Usually a decent batting track, although the Tassie batters usually aren’t good enough to take advantage. Mmmm, sounds more and more like England all the time! Will report back after my weekend trip down south. At least I might get home early if we don’t get to the end of day 3.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Taken England at 11/2 for this one. The stars are aligned as best they can be. Although it may still not be enough to compete.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Big few days for Tasmania, the biggest sport event they've ever held.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Another wedge on at 6/1 yesterday and more today at 11/2. Alarm set for 3:50 am. Looking forward to a good day of victorious sport.
A seam wicket for Robinson and Woakes returning and for Broad and Wood. Be good to watch Billings behind the wicket too.
Great aperitif for the evening.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here