As Rents is now fit..

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

zoom

Mar 20, 2008
Would you rather him start on Saturday against Port Vale or do you think Mayo deserves to keep his place?

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
No, Mayo should keep his place until Richards is back.

And Rents is more than likely off in the summer anyway, as he probably won't get a new deal.

zoom

Mar 20, 2008
Rents is more than likely off in the summer anyway, as he probably won't get a new deal.

Its irrelevant if he will be here or not next season, i hope we keep the young lad. Also i think the only reason we will keep Mayo on for another season is because of his history with the club...

I just think that Rents he has alot more to offer attacking wise and isnt a bad crosser of the ball...

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
The fact that Wilkins chose to play El-Abd at left-back and leave out Rents pretty much says he won't be getting a new contract.

Just interested as you seem to have a habit of writing players off.

I would say a lot of it depends on what happens with Richards. If we keep him then at a guess 2 of the 3 left backs we own will be off.

Regarding Rents, he had his chance over the Christmas period when Richards was back at Ipswich and did not take it, he was seemingly poor at Milwall and plainly awful at Yeovil, so he is going to struggle to get back in.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
I think Rents would be better on the left of midfield or even in the centre.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
There is LITERALLY no chance that Rents would be selected ahead of Mayo right now.

Mayo's just played his part in succesive brilliant away clean sheets.
Rents has played half a reserve game after a six week lay off, and was shit on his last 2 first team run-outs.

Absolute no-brainer.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Just interested as you seem to have a habit of writing players off.

I would say a lot of it depends on what happens with Richards. If we keep him then at a guess 2 of the 3 left backs we own will be off.

Regarding Rents, he had his chance over the Christmas period when Richards was back at Ipswich and did not take it, he was seemingly poor at Milwall and plainly awful at Yeovil, so he is going to struggle to get back in.

I thought that Mayo's time was up and he'd never play again, but I have been proven wrong. I admit that, and in the two games I saw him at Forest and Leeds I thought he did okay. Maybe he's worth another year just for cover, who knows?

But I'm still sticking with my opinion that Hart will be off in the summer.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Left at most, centre you have to be joking, the lads smaller than me! :lolol:

I have seen him in real life and can confirm he is shorter but must weigh in at roughly 10st which makes him 4st heavier than you. However that advantage is immediately negated by his being ginger.

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
Never been a kerry fan but he has done superbly since getting back in the team and i dont think we have missed richards at all so far

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports