Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

As if 15th wasn't bad enough

Bromley shrimp

Aug 24, 2003
Beckenham, Kent
the only teams we've beaten are the bottom 3 and Gillingham, also below us.

This may stack up with the chairman's pre-season expectation of whereabouts we'd end up this season ie mid table, but it isn't anywhere good enough for a club of our stature.

Watching the likes of Chesterfield at home isn't going to inspire me to get down to Withdean against this background.

I dare say my sentiments are shared by the other stay-aways so this needs to be sorted pdq.

Treading water with a caretaker manager, whilst the judicial's heard, whilst "nobody wants to come and play for us" whilst we continually sell players with no tangible return, etc etc just won't wash.

The board need to take serious remedial action on the back of a strategy review NOW before the downward spiral really does get out of control.

Parson Henry

Jan 6, 2004
Victor Bhanerjee's notebook
Bromley shrimp said:

This may stack up with the chairman's pre-season expectation of whereabouts we'd end up this season ie mid table, but it isn't anywhere good enough for a club of our stature.

Watching the likes of Chesterfield at home isn't going to inspire me to get down to Withdean against this background.

I dare say my sentiments are shared by the other stay-aways so this needs to be sorted pdq.

Treading water with a caretaker manager, whilst the judicial's heard, whilst "nobody wants to come and play for us" whilst we continually sell players with no tangible return, etc etc just won't wash.

The board need to take serious remedial action on the back of a strategy review NOW before the downward spiral really does get out of control.

Blah, blah....moan, moan...whine, whine...

Actually Chesterfield is a game that has an edge to it.

Last edited:

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Bromley shrimp said:

Pretty much stacks up with my own expectations for this year, bouncing around mid-table.

What do you mean by a "club of our stature"? Potless, and playing in a poxy athletics stadium that is the butt of many jokes. That is surely the extent of our "stature."

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Re: Re: As if 15th wasn't bad enough

Gritt23 said:

What do you mean by a "club of our stature"? Potless, and playing in a poxy athletics stadium that is the butt of many jokes. That is surely the extent of our "stature."

you beat me to that you bounder

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Bromley shrimp said:

We should be playing at places like Old Trafford, Stamford Bridge, the Bernabau even mid week!

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

rool

Jul 10, 2003
You may say 'blah, blah, moan, moan etc' but the DK has already shown, by the sacking of MM through fan power, that he is worried about falling attendances.

The club will not survive on the 4000 or so ST holders plus the other 1-2k that seem to turn up regularly and it is the likes of Bromley Shrimp that the club need to keep coming to the games purely for cash flow purposes. Whatever the reasons behind it your average floating attendee is not going to want to keep turning up and pay a high cost to see a team without a star player which is either underperforming/just not up to it or, if you are more realistic, in a position that reflects the club's circumstances.

You can say that they are not a real fan and go and support chelsea etc but in reality the club needs these 'customers' at the moment more than the ST holders whose money has most probably already been spent.

If attendances don't improve what's DK going to do next?

Last edited:

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
munster monch said:
If attendances don't improve what's DK going to do next?
Undress the cheerleaders at halftime?

Bromley shrimp

Aug 24, 2003
Beckenham, Kent
Re: Re: As if 15th wasn't bad enough

Perry Milkins said:
Blah, blah....moan, moan...whine, whine...

Actually Chesterfield is a game that has an edge to it.

A moan, a suggestion and a warning. And Chestrfield - why, cos of 5 seasons ago?

Parson Henry

Jan 6, 2004
Victor Bhanerjee's notebook
Re: Re: Re: As if 15th wasn't bad enough

Bromley shrimp said:
A moan, a suggestion and a warning. And Chestrfield - why, cos of 5 seasons ago?

'where's your 9 points gone'
'Co-ee dirt dirty cheat cheat'

Yes because of 5 seasons ago..

Have a drink, chill, lie by the pond at Kelsey Park.

:drink:

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
At least it shows we are not one of the worst 4 in the division and certainly shouldn't go down.

:shootself

rool

Jul 10, 2003
Re: Re: Re: Re: As if 15th wasn't bad enough

Perry Milkins said:
'where's your 9 points gone'
'Co-ee dirt dirty cheat cheat'

Yes because of 5 seasons ago..

Have a drink, chill, lie by the pond at Kelsey Park.

:drink:

then there was the cheeky zamora goal and the peter taylor/nicky law bust up.

happy days

rool

Jul 10, 2003
I think it was taylor at the home fixture when they come back from 2-0 down.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
Perry Milkins said:
What happened?

Oooh bloody hell perhaps I dreamt it. I thought there was a bit of a scuffle in the dressing rooms after. I think it was one of the pre christmas friday night games but now I'm doubting myself :lolol:

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Rotherham started on -10 so a bit harsh to say they're rubbish when without the deduction they wouldnt be bottom 4

3gulls

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Bromley shrimp said:

Spot on! :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here