Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] Artificial Intelligence

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham

The level of complexity here is absurd. Think of the different aspects of this, the neural programming that allows the AI to understand the written prompts, the understanding of graphical representation, and then being able to turn that all into a functioning game by writing it's own script. The most amazing thing is that ChatGPT was only released 12 months ago, imagine what we can have in the next 12 months.

Blimey

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I’m surprised no one’s mentioned San Altman being fired by OpenAI. A move he wasn’t expecting and neither were the San Francisco tech community. There’s a bigger story there somewhere.

Dec 29, 2011
I’m surprised no one’s mentioned San Altman being fired by OpenAI. A move he wasn’t expecting and neither were the San Francisco tech community. There’s a bigger story there somewhere.

Was my next post. The theories being AGI has been achieved internally and now there's a power struggle over the definition of AGI and the monetisation of said technology. It's certainly huge news, the nature of the sacking and then head developers resigning over the sacking shows there's something huge going on behind the scenes.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Was my next post. The theories being AGI has been achieved internally and now there's a power struggle over the definition of AGI and the monetisation of said technology. It's certainly huge news, the nature of the sacking and then head developers resigning over the sacking shows there's something huge going on behind the scenes.
or some allegations relating to his siblings.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts

My son currently works for Meta doing techie stuff across facewank, WhatsApp and Insta. He’s done 6 interviews with OpenAI and has the final one on Tuesday.

We’ve been discussing the relative merits and risks of him accepting an offer, should one be extended.

He’s thinking of a 12-24 month stint before he does his first start up.

It’s gonna be carnage, isn’t it; but for a short-term stint to get the inside skinny in OpenAI maybe not such a dreadful plan. Providing MS continue to fund them adequately following the fallout…

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
My son currently works for Meta doing techie stuff across facewank, WhatsApp and Insta. He’s done 6 interviews with OpenAI and has the final one on Tuesday.

We’ve been discussing the relative merits and risks of him accepting an offer, should one be extended.

It’s gonna be carnage, isn’t it; but for a short-term stint to get the inside skinny in OpenAI maybe not such a dreadful plan. Providing MS continue to fund them adequately following the fallout…
Better to be on the inside of something like this I would have thought.

monty uk

Sep 25, 2018
I wonder if he had an AI algorithm that predicted his sacking?

But then again, I once whether for a (highly successful hi-tech) company that had a resident astrologist who died early and I've often wondered whether he knew that was coming. This company was run by an ex-Buddhist monk and also had a consecrated chapel in one of their buildings. At my interview the ex-monk asked me if I was gay, seemed he wanted to balance the staff composition and everyone was straight. I guess it wouldn't happen now.

Maybe that should be in the bell cheeses thread.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Right on cue :lolol:

I, for one, welcome our new AI Overlords and looks forward to bouncing The Clamp's posts when the takeover begins.
I’m just going by why I’m told by a few people I know in that industry.

It’s genuinely nowhere near as sophisticated as people think it is.

It may well be but not for a while.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

I'm not sure there's really a single "it" here - there are numerous 'its".

AI is already revolutionising many industries, such as medicine where it's saving lives, quite literally.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Well…..

Part of me thinks I’d give a right bollock to get involved in OpenAI and know the inside track. And a lot of me says SIX interviews? It’s a dreadful modern trend in tech and almost always run by highly insecure and risk adverse management teams.

#fence

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington

My coding friend assures me that you'd never trust AI in a million years to code anything you actually want to rely on.

I'm pretty sure I read on NSC a while back that coding would be one of the first jobs up against the wall when the revolution comes.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
My coding friend assures me that you'd never trust AI in a million years to code anything you actually want to rely on.

I'm pretty sure I read on NSC a while back that coding would be one of the first jobs up against the wall when the revolution comes.
Can't be worse than the crap they come up with on government IT projects surely?

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
Can't be worse than the crap they come up with on government IT projects surely?
I'm never sure if I'd consider the government being good at IT to be a good thing.
Considering the amount they mess up now, imagine the damage they could cause once they've mastered become basically competent at computing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here