Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Arsenal’s Ben White

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Yes, I'd forgotten Knocky. I thought that was a straight £10 million, but I may be wrong. If it was £5 million I would be surprised if he played enough matches for Fulham to net us the extra £10 million. Did he go to Forest at the start of last season or did Hughton sign him?

He’s still a Fulham player. He was on loan at Forest.

And the number of matches at Fulham wasn’t important. They paid a loan fee (reported as £5m) and were obliged to make it permanent at the end of that season (for an additional fee reported as £10m).

Fulham did fine out of it - they got promoted that season. Not Knockaert’s fault that they were shit and came straight back down.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Not saying it won’t happen eventually... but this all stinks of Ben’s pushy agent. Sky sports saying it’s basically done and Argus saying simply not true. Someone’s telling porkies.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Not saying it won’t happen eventually... but this all stinks of Ben’s pushy agent. Sky sports saying it’s basically done and Argus saying simply not true. Someone’s telling porkies.

In which case, the agent is a very stupid individual. There is one simple rule to dealing with TB - DO NOT PISS HIM OFF.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
He’s still a Fulham player. He was on loan at Forest.

And the number of matches at Fulham wasn’t important. They paid a loan fee (reported as £5m) and were obliged to make it permanent at the end of that season (for an additional fee reported as £10m).

Fulham did fine out of it - they got promoted that season. Not Knockaert’s fault that they were shit and came straight back down.

Don’t think that’s correct. Fulham exercised their option to sign him - don’t think they were obliged to make it permanent.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
Not saying it won’t happen but this stinks of brighton refusing to sell to Leeds for £25m giving him a season of PL experience and selling him for double the amount 1 year later.

Who would have predicted that?

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Don’t see why it would piss bloom off. It could generate a bidding war.

Acting in bad faith by leaking incorrect details to the press? We have seen many times before he will not be bullied.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Bye bye. Well done the club as well. It was blindingly obvious Ben wanted to go to Leeds last year (which was completely understandable with the season he had with them) but he put in a good season and both parties are going to be rewarded handsomely.

Gutted to see him go but it sounds like the club really have been made an offer too good to resist.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Yes, I'd forgotten Knocky. I thought that was a straight £10 million, but I may be wrong. If it was £5 million I would be surprised if he played enough matches for Fulham to net us the extra £10 million. Did he go to Forest at the start of last season or did Hughton sign him?

Hughton took over at Forest on 6th October, Knocky joined on loan about a week or so later during the two week domestic only window that followed the closure of the full transfer window.

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
This is so hard. I really want Ben White to do well, he’s a good lad. But then, you know, Arsenal, I mean, really? Should we be selling to mid table rivals? If it was a proper champions league club he was going to, I’d feel a lot easier about it.

Aug 13, 2020
Darlington
Wouldn't normally feel like that .................... but going to Arsenal - Bluddy Arsenal fam blud shitehouse. Never won a promotion as Arsenal in their entire history - he should have gone somewhere better.

I'd feel differently if he was from Newhaven or something, or if he was going to a club I had a soft spot for. But Arsenal can f*** right off, and I'm hoping the Argus has it right and he ends up going somewhere better.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Not saying it won’t happen but this stinks of brighton refusing to sell to Leeds for £25m giving him a season of PL experience and selling him for double the amount 1 year later.

Who would have predicted that?

Holds hand up. Me. And some others to be fair at that point.

Had a few on here arguing with me that it was a mistake not to accept Leeds £25m at the time. I said he was being under valued as an asset and that it’d be a colossal business mistake to sell at the time for that sort of value. I may have even said the £50m + range.

Full disclosure, I was wrong about Connolly though who I said could also potentially be a £40m player. Whoops.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Bye bye. Well done the club as well. It was blindingly obvious Ben wanted to go to Leeds last year

It was? Where?

Is that why he signed the 4 year deal with us and made a video with the club saying how he happy he was to come back?

The Leeds fans have done a real number on some of you guys (“he’s Leeds through and through and everyone knows it”). It’s actually impressive.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
You keep saying this. What are you basing this on?

I’m inclined to agree with bridcutt. Nothing more than a hunch but he seemed happier at Leeds. If it was a straight choice last summer without any agents, transfer requests etc I think he would have chosen Leeds.

Aug 13, 2020
Darlington
I’m inclined to agree with bridcutt. Nothing more than a hunch but he seemed happier at Leeds. If it was a straight choice last summer without any agents, transfer requests etc I think he would have chosen Leeds.

That's probably because they were winning most of the time, it tends to help the mood. If he'd won the Championship at Stoke he'd have looked happy as well.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here