Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Arsenal’s Ben White

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
The moment he's out the door he's dead to me.

Does that make me a horrible person?

Edit: Sorry, typo. I meant to write, I am a horrible person.

Wouldn't normally feel like that .................... but going to Arsenal - Bluddy Arsenal fam blud shitehouse. Never won a promotion as Arsenal in their entire history - he should have gone somewhere better.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
ben.jpg

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I don't really get the surprise over him going to Arsenal. Arteta is putting together a pretty good, young squad – remember they were second in the form table, or something, in 2021? – and if it all clicks, they could be 'there or thereabouts', as knobheads say.

No, they didn't have a great season at all last season, but that happens. The fuss around Arsenal is blown out of proportion a lot – not helped by those berks at AFTV. I could be completely wrong, but I reckon they could have a good season in 21/22.

Anyway, good luck to BW, well done the Albion and Tony, don't spend it all at once :cheers:

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Arsenal appeared to be turning up the heat in their pursuit of Ben White this afternoon.

The Gunners were reported to be closing on a £50 million deal to take the England defender to North London.

But The Argus have now been advised by a well-placed source that such reports are “simply not true”.

From Brian Owen....

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Wouldn't normally feel like that .................... but going to Arsenal - Bluddy Arsenal fam blud shitehouse. Never won a promotion as Arsenal in their entire history - he should have gone somewhere better.

He hasn’t gone yet. Brian Owen article saying simply not true.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Hopefully for Ben it goes through before Tuesday so he walks straight into the England Team. Southgate-bot 2000 knows no other way.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Would 50 million be more than we have made from all previous transfers added together?

Interesting question. I've gone back to the 2013-14 season and reckon all our sales over that 8 year period total up to about 50 million, so no.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Would anyone be surprised if his knob of an agent is behind all this in an attempt to draw in a bigger club?

As that's the very definition of his job, it's hard to think otherwise.

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
I think Ulloa was £8 million with add ons taking it up to a possible £10 million. Knocky to Fulham was also reported to be around £10 million ( plus whatever we got for the original loan fee).

Yes, I'd forgotten Knocky. I thought that was a straight £10 million, but I may be wrong. If it was £5 million I would be surprised if he played enough matches for Fulham to net us the extra £10 million. Did he go to Forest at the start of last season or did Hughton sign him?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here