Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Arsenal in the next round of the efl cup

Carlos BC

May 10, 2019
We will be fine, Arsenal are nothing to worry about. They have won a few games so their meltdown is about due.

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
We could not bother. Maybe buy some property instead ? The football just gets in the way.

You might be onto something. League Cup winners get £100,000 - could just buy a house in Brighton and wait for 5 years instead, and that's a guaranteed return for the investment, very different from putting a team out every week.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Seven all Premier League ties in the next round :eek:

Arsenal v Brighton & Hove Albion
AFC Bournemouth v Everton
Manchester City v Chelsea
Manchester United v Aston Villa
Newcastle United v Crystal Palace
Nottingham Forest v Tottenham Hotspur
Wolverhampton Wanderers v Leeds United

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
There were no trains home back to Brighton after the match , that’s why full allocation was not taken

There's another point to add to the train issues for the game is that there was a possibility of extra time (and whatever time it takes for pens) complicating things in the FA cup. There was a strong possibility of not getting back until 2am or even not at all if there had been unforeseen train issues.

With this game, there will be several train options back and whatever happens with the game we can all expect to be back on the south coast by midnight latest.

People are also going to be taking their last few chances to say au revior to the Albion before the world cup.

If tickets are priced sensibly, I think we'll take a very large number

Vaughan Storm

May 21, 2020
Worthing
With this game, there will be several train options back and whatever happens with the game we can all expect to be back on the south coast by midnight latest.

If tickets are priced sensibly, I think we'll take a very large number

No train to goring after quarter-past 10 so I doubt we'll take anymore than we did to spurs (if it's the same for other stations)

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Potential for 8000 allocation for this one.

We’ll ask for 400 and sell out before becomes available to 1901 members, citing ‘we weren’t sure we could sell out, and it was the right decision blah blah’

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Aside from the obvious incentives of silverware and a place in the Europa Conference League, winning the Carabou cup could provide about £2million in accumulated gate receipts. Actual prize money is a paltry £100K.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Before the PL, when football was a sport, clubs also competed for this thing called ‘’glory’

It’s a strange concept today, but it was a real incentive!

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
So who else was at Arsenal the last time we played them in the League Cup.

A replay (remember them?} November 1979 lost 4-0, a game mainly remembered as it was Glenn Geard's 45 minutes in an Albion shirt. (his entire first team career)

Hopefully a better result this time.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Arteta - "I wonder who GPott will play"
Arteta - "He'll play kids, I'll put my reserves out"
Arteta - "But he may play his first team, no I'll play the first team"
Arteta then gets himself worked up
Arteta "He'll say he's more interested in the league and play his kids but I'm not going to be fooled, I'm playing my first team. But it's GPott, he'll try and fool me and say he's interested in the league. But then it's only #BrightonandHoveAlbion and we can beat them. But then we can't beat them. No, it's the first team"
GPott - "Who? Arsenal. I'm sending the girls up"

PB - "Due to the lack of interest in the Womens team we've taken an allocation of 1500"

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
If the top 7 of the Premier League are getting a bye straight into the 3rd Round of the EFL Cup then they should have to play their 3rd round ties away to compensate for this obvious advantage. I appreciate that if they are drawn against each other such as Man City vs Chelsea then the tie should stand as drawn but in future why not just switch the ties around if they are drawn at home , ie - Derby vs Liverpool , Villa vs Man Utd , Brighton vs Arsenal etc.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
If the top 7 of the Premier League are getting a bye straight into the 3rd Round of the EFL Cup then they should have to play their 3rd round ties away to compensate for this obvious advantage. I appreciate that if they are drawn against each other such as Man City vs Chelsea then the tie should stand as drawn but in future why not just switch the ties around if they are drawn at home , ie - Derby vs Liverpool , Villa vs Man Utd , Brighton vs Arsenal etc.

Great shout. You could extend the away matches to the rest of the competition. Or they can just play the second round if they choose

origigull

Jun 29, 2009
So who else was at Arsenal the last time we played them in the League Cup.

A replay (remember them?} November 1979 lost 4-0, a game mainly remembered as it was Glenn Geard's 45 minutes in an Albion shirt. (his entire first team career)

Hopefully a better result this time.
I was there and was surprised to see Glenn in the first team. I went to school with his older brother. Glenn didn't play well if I remember correctly (but who did that game) but hey he can say he played against the arse at Highbury. If I remember right both Glenn and his brother were Burnley fans. Strange for that time, not being one of the bigger teams.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here