Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Arsenal in the next round of the efl cup

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
Surprisingly the next round isn’t played until w/c 7th Nov ! Arsenal will play in the Europa League the Thursday before and then have Chelsea away on the Sunday before our game, so will be very surprised if Arteta plays his key players for this one. We have a good chance if we field a strong team

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Surprisingly the next round isn’t played until w/c 7th Nov ! Arsenal will play in the Europa League the Thursday before and then have Chelsea away on the Sunday before our game, so will be very surprised if Arteta plays his key players for this one. We have a good chance if we field a strong team

Wouldn't put it past Potter to surprise everyone by putting out the first 11, and catching Arsenal youth out.

South west gull

Nov 3, 2021
No way will we field a strong side wolves away weekend before & villa home after before world cup break till boxing day

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
No way will we field a strong side wolves away weekend before & villa home after before world cup break till boxing day

I agree that we won’t field our strongest team - Welbeck and Lallana will be rested for sure, but equally you’re not likely to see the kids playing either unlike tonight.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Wouldn't put it past Potter to surprise everyone by putting out the first 11, and catching Arsenal youth out.
That's exactly what he should do - but I don't expect he will ........................

No way will we field a strong side wolves away weekend before & villa home after before world cup break till boxing day.
So? They'll be a bit tired, maybe (less so if they're still winning regularly) - and some of them will be just one game away from a nice rest. And they're all young and ridiculously healthy.

Last edited:

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003

He’ll field a stronger side than he did tonight. Players going to the WC won’t be involved but I’d reckon most other first teamers would make the squad based on the fact they’ve got the cup game. 1 league game and then 6 weeks without a competitive football.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
We had same potential for spurs away in fa cup and club didn’t take it and they won’t take it for this either 4000 max I reckon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

League Cup so you’d imagine £15 or £20 max. Should take a fairly hefty number hopefully

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
We had same potential for spurs away in fa cup and club didn’t take it and they won’t take it for this either 4000 max I reckon

There were no trains home back to Brighton after the match , that’s why full allocation was not taken

Dec 29, 2011
How much do you get for winning the LC? Considering every place in the PL is 1.2m it might make more sense to focus on the games before and after.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
How much do you get for winning the LC? Considering every place in the PL is 1.2m it might make more sense to focus on the games before and after.

What a depressing statement.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011

after £150m+ in transfer fees over the past year, I don't think cash is the priority.
Tony recently said that a cup final should be an achievable aim for us. I took this to mean that it has been stated/set as a target for the team to achieve.

In the 7 weeks immediately after the world cup, there are 5 EPL games - 2 rounds of the FA Cup and a potential 4 rounds of EFL cup.
Clubs are going to be making some big calls on priorities. If we are still in the Carabao, we may well have a strong chance of progressing to the semis and beyond.

By November, we will be well placed to understand how are season is shaping up.
If we are in the relegation scrap, we'll bin off the Carabao and play the kids, if not, I strongly believe we will be going for it.

Spacegull

Sehr Kosmiche.
Feb 22, 2009
High Weald

Aside from the obvious incentives of silverware and a place in the Europa Conference League, winning the Carabou cup could provide about £2million in accumulated gate receipts. Actual prize money is a paltry £100K.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here