Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

arrogant?

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
I think some of the fans are going that way, hopefully (and I fully expect) Gus will keep the players feet on the ground.

There is a fine line between confidence and arogance

SUIYHP

The King's Gull
Apr 16, 2009
Inside Southwick Tunnel
I feel the rest of the league thinks we're arrogant, especially after reading NSC, they think the only things that matter to us are random and unimportant music facts and what is the best meat to put on a roast dinner.

Of course we'll lose in this season again, so lets just play to do the best we can.

highway61

Jun 30, 2009
I think some of the fans are going that way, hopefully (and I fully expect) Gus will keep the players feet on the ground.

There is a fine line between confidence and arogance

I certainly believe Gus will keep there feet on the ground. As for arrogance of the fans that could be a different question. I wont be popular I am sure but I cannot help thinking that the good will generated towards us over the years needs to maintained. Primarily because teams like Leeds found it hard to get out of this division just because they are inherently an arrogant bunch, which made everyone want so badly to beat them. Its great to enjoy this fantastic current change in fortune we are experiencing, we just need to make sure we too keep our feet grounded.

MrShaun15

Aug 28, 2010
Bight on and Hovel Albion Perdiction Thred - exeweb.com forums

alot of them are thinking they will lose heavily but one intresting comment said

"Some of their fans are expecting us to park a bus in front of our goal. Should the right City team turn up, then we are more than capable of giving them an unpleasant surprise"

but thats there fans talking, will they come to defend? any thoughts?

highway61

Jun 30, 2009
Bight on and Hovel Albion Perdiction Thred - exeweb.com forums

alot of them are thinking they will lose heavily but one intresting comment said

"Some of their fans are expecting us to park a bus in front of our goal. Should the right City team turn up, then we are more than capable of giving them an unpleasant surprise"

but thats there fans talking, will they come to defend? any thoughts?

I quite like their manager, and have been sensing that although they wont be suicidally adventurous, they may be a tad more enterprising than we may expect.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Christ what's wrong with enjoying the moment. It's not as if this was expected, that we started the season with a Devine right to do well etc. I thin some fans actually want us to do badly so they can make snide remarks from behind their keyboards. Tell you what, get yourself along to a match and you'll see why we're winning. Unless we've fluked 10 in a row? You miserable bastards. How about enjoying your life reverend instead of praying for gloom?

highway61

Jun 30, 2009
Christ what's wrong with enjoying the moment. It's not as if this was expected, that we started the season with a Devine right to do well etc. I thin some fans actually want us to do badly so they can make snide remarks from behind their keyboards. Tell you what, get yourself along to a match and you'll see why we're winning. Unless we've fluked 10 in a row? You miserable bastards. How about enjoying your life reverend instead of praying for gloom?

Nowt wrong at all, never said there was. And this negative old bastard still predicts a win by 3-1:thumbsup:

MrShaun15

Aug 28, 2010
i 100% agree with you portlock and we are playing great football + it would be nice to see a football team come to us at withdean playing more adventurous football, would liven the game up (NOT MOANING HOWEVER!)

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
There is absolutely nothing wrong in being happy about the way the team have been playing of late. It is a very rare thing to see a Brighton side that is capable of out playing other top sides in the same division so decisevly. I think we are all aware, however, that you are only as good as your last game - the players will have to keep their concentration levels high in order to maintain their current league position.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Negatives for Tuesday:

still over 500 tickets to sell, the family stand will be pretty well empty and the away end too so the usual Withdean atmosphere despite Saturday's endeavours.

Tisdale knows Gus and his "style" and will be setting his stall out to counter it. Pressing for the whole 90 minutes is a dangerous ploy so expect them to sit very deep and hit us on the break - something they have proved themselves to be more than capable of doing. Expect 5-3-2 with three centrebacks.

Danger men Ryan Harley and Adam Stansfield (12 goals between them) are having an outstanding start to the season and Jamie Cureton (4 goals) also still poses a threat.

In the league Exeter have 2 away wins (Hartlepool & Yeovil) and scored 3 goals on each occasion. They have 2 away wins in the cups also scoring 3 goals on each occasion.

Positives:

They failed to score in 3 away defeats at Bournemouth Orient and MKDons and only drew at lowly Dagenham

They will have very few fans present and come of the back of a bad home defeat

Albion will not be complacent - "We are Brighton and we play our own game"(Gus)

Barnes will be bouyant and fancy his chances. Murray and Bennett will be keen to make an impression on the scoresheet. LuaLua will be back.

Their GD is -5 away from home (ours at home is +7). We haven't conceded in the last three games and have only conceded twice in one match on one occasion (v Rochdale in August).

Prediction: 2-1

Last edited:

Exiled in Exeter

Jul 16, 2003
W3D
Their away record is won two and lost four. They also lost 4-2 at home on Saturday. We’ve won five and drawn just two at home.

Ryan Harley has been in excellent form this season and we will need to be wary of him. Troy Archibald-Henville is back from a long term injury and was man of the match against us at the real SJP last season.

I think we should win. I can’t remember as commanding a performance as Peterborough away. Plus the games against Charlton and Yeovil show we are on a roll.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Anyone remember that game against Exeter when they got 10 yellow cards? And, amazingly, no red ones?

Indeed. The ref was a bottler.

I was working in the Royal Albion (holiday job) and they lunched there having travelled up that day. The chef must have given them a bit too much chilli or something fiery.

Soccerbase says they received 6 cards, but that is definitely wrong.

The Camel

Nov 1, 2010
Darlington, UK
Negatives for Tuesday:

still over 500 tickets to sell, the family stand will be pretty well empty and the away end too so the usual Withdean atmosphere despite Saturday's endeavours.

Tisdale knows Gus and his "style" and will be setting his stall out to counter it. Pressing for the whole 90 minutes is a dangerous ploy so expect them to sit very deep and hit us on the break - something they have proved themselves to be more than capable of doing. Expect 5-3-2 with three centrebacks.

Danger men Ryan Harley and Adam Stansfield (12 goals between them) are having an outstanding start to the season and Jamie Cureton (4 goals) also still poses a threat.

In the league Exeter have 2 away wins (Hartlepool & Yeovil) and scored 3 goals on each occasion. They have 2 away wins in the cups also scoring 3 goals on each occasion.

Positives:

They failed to score in 3 away defeats at Bournemouth Orient and MKDons and only drew at lowly Dagenham

They will have very few fans present and come of the back of a bad home defeat

Albion will not be complacent - "We are Brighton and we play our own game"(Gus)

Barnes will be bouyant and fancy his chances. Murray and Bennett will be keen to make an impression on the scoresheet. LuaLua will be back.

Their GD is -5 away from home (ours at home is +7). We haven't conceded in the last three games and have only conceded twice in one match on one occasion (v Rochdale in August).

Prediction: 2-1

Tragically Adam Stansfield died on August 10th 2010, so I doubt he is much of danger man.

Adam Stansfield - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Negatives for Tuesday:

From a different perspective..

Poyet knows Paul and his "style" and will be setting his stall out to counter it. All-out attack for the whole 90 minutes is a dangerous ploy so expect us to move the ball around, stay patient and then quickly move up a gear to get in behind them - something we have proved ourselves to be more than capable of doing. Expect 4-4-2 with holding midfielders, full-backs pushing forward and pace on the wings.

Danger men Glenn Murray and Ashley Barnes (10 goals between them) are having an outstanding start to the season and Kazenga Lua Lua (4 goals) also poses a threat.

In the league Brighton have 5 home wins (Walsall, MK Dons, Oldham, Brentford and Yeovil) and scored 2 goals on four of the five occasions. We couldn't give a stuff about the cups.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Anyone remember that game against Exeter when they got 10 yellow cards? And, amazingly, no red ones?

I do - a world record IIRC. Wasn't one of them an ex-Brighton player too (my mind's gone completely blank as to who it was though).

The negative point about tomorrow's match is that I'm going (for various reasons, it's my first game of the season). I didn't see a single win last year so I'm not exactly a lucky charm.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
No denying the arrogance of the fans at Peterborough on Saturday and some of the attempted showboating by Kish at the end of the game could also be seen as arrogant too. Hard not to be when we are playing that well I guess. Rather we were arrogant than shit though :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here