Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Arrogance

Whitterz

Mmmmm? Marvellous
Aug 9, 2008
Eastbourne
I dont see why some are laughing at the prospect of Donny taking all three points to spoil the occasion. There is a certain degree of arrogance which has swept across a minority of albion fans lately, suggesting that we will be taking teams like Doncaster to the cleaners before a ball is kicked. Playing bertie big bollocks will not go in our favour.

Being that the club has been on its knees in recent times makes the fans and the club look like we are sticking our two fingers up at all the support we had during the dark days. Now we've got a new ground, chairman with a bit of money, and all of a sudden we start resembling the arrogance you would normally associate with a club like Leeds. Certain people are gradually ruining the reputation the club has earned over the years.

Stop it.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
All my non-Albion supporting mates have got us down to lose in their accumulators this week. It could be real 'egg on your face' time (for us, not them).

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
I've been only thinking of a win this week but mostly in hope than anything else.
One bad result will stop any arrogance so until then I think we should probably let it slide, it's time for celebration.
Most Donny fans would understand that while also fully hoping to stop the party. It's football.

Last edited:

JBizzleBeard

Jan 23, 2007
Brighton
Agreed, it's gotta stop. Maybe after Christmas and we find we are holding our own then fair enough.....to an extent. But we are not even one game into the season and these comments of how we should be winning against teams like this etc are cropping up. Embarrassing is an understatement.

thejackal

Throbbing Member
Oct 22, 2008
Brighthelmstone
I dont see why some are laughing at the prospect of Donny taking all three points to spoil the occasion. There is a certain degree of arrogance which has swept across a minority of albion fans lately, suggesting that we will be taking teams like Doncaster to the cleaners before a ball is kicked. Playing bertie big bollocks will not go in our favour.

Being that the club has been on its knees in recent times makes the fans and the club look like we are sticking our two fingers up at all the support we had during the dark days. Now we've got a new ground, chairman with a bit of money, and all of a sudden we start resembling the arrogance you would normally associate with a club like Leeds. Certain people are gradually ruining the reputation the club has earned over the years.

Stop it.

Agree 100%.

I think we're seeing a combination of unrealistic expectations combined with the confidence of winning a league title. Some of these opinions are coming from JCLs with little or no knowledge of football, but some are from seasoned BHA supporters who should know better!

You only had to watch Hull v Blackpool tonight to see just how tough this league is going to be. I'd say a little humility now might prevent rather a lot of egg-on-face later.

Prodigal Son

Getting older by the day
Sep 21, 2009
Sussex

Stop it.

Well said but there is a fine line between arrogance and confidence n'est ce-pas?

thejackal

Throbbing Member
Oct 22, 2008
Brighthelmstone
Well said but there is a fine line between arrogance and confidence n'est ce-pas?

You could argue that but to be honest I'm not so sure. There's a fine line between OVERconfidence and arrogance, maybe, but not confidence. There's no such thing as 'quiet arrogance', and a quick check of any thesaurus will tell you that they're not even nearly synonyms.

Prodigal Son

Getting older by the day
Sep 21, 2009
Sussex
You could argue that but to be honest I'm not so sure. There's a fine line between OVERconfidence and arrogance, maybe, but not confidence. There's no such thing as 'quiet arrogance', and a quick check of any thesaurus will tell you that they're not even nearly synonyms.

And I thought that all teachers were on their Summer Holidays with us kids! Do you time yourself how long it takes you to complete the Times crossword too?

Whitterz

Mmmmm? Marvellous
Aug 9, 2008
Eastbourne

Either way you look at it from outside the bubble, its stinks of arrogance. And it is quite frankly embarrasing. The Buckley signing was a prime example. Some of our lot going on Watfords site sticking the oare in, about how hes come here to progress his career etc etc.

Tit for tat I know, and maybe a bit of keyboard warrior ism, but it really makes for cringeworthy reading, especially after what other fans of clubs up and down the country have HELPED BHA get where we are today.

thejackal

Throbbing Member
Oct 22, 2008
Brighthelmstone
And I thought that all teachers were on their Summer Holidays with us kids! Do you time yourself how long it takes you to complete the Times crossword too?

C-. Must try harder and pay more attention in class. A week's detention is what you need, me-laddy-o.

P.S. I fuckin hate cryptic crosswords. The only thing I time is how long it takes me to roll a tulip.

Jimbo.GRFC

Banned
Apr 2, 2010

Best post on this subject by far Sir, it's not arrogance it's about confidence. I'm sure as God made little apple's Donny don't fancy this game tomorrow. With all due respect to Donny I honestly believe
this is winnable as too Pompey

thejackal

Throbbing Member
Oct 22, 2008
Brighthelmstone
Best post on this subject by far Sir, it's not arrogance it's about confidence. I'm sure as God made little apple's Donny don't fancy this game tomorrow. With all due respect to Donny I honestly believe
this is winnable as too Pompey

Well that settles it! If JimboGRFC thinks this is the best post on the subject (by far) then it can only mean one thing...

:quadruplefacepalm: anyone?

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
I've posted on another thread that the result today is not the most important factor.That being said I think Donnie at home has to be looked at as a game we should be taking goods points from.

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
Oh bore off, it's a time for CELEBRATION

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Very much hope for a win,still do not think we have a finished team,lack of height being one problem and a few silly errors could bring us crashing down. I hope not but let's wait till at least 10 games have gone,if well then start reaching for your trumpet confidence yes...arrogance never!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Think many fans will underestimate the quality of the Championship and it may be a very tough season ahead for us.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
It doesn't matter one jot what Albion fans think, it's all about what Gus thinks and how he prepares the team.

Gus will never be complacent or arrogant.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here