Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Arrogance and naivety of albion fans

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Have I been in a cave and missed something, have we beaten Charlton and Derby already? The way this board looks and other Albion fans feel we already have 6 points in the bag and the arrogance of our lot is frightening and I liken it to when we got the draw at palace in the playoffs with the home leg pending, excitement /anticipation is one thing but being delusional is another entirely......and if I hear the term "all we need to do is win all our games and we're up" I think i'll cry. Now providing there is no insanely high scoring affair at Charlton by us on Saturday doesn't that win all 3 term apply to Burnley and boro aswell?! On top of that anyone who thinks we're going to waltz into the Riverside whilst Boro just roll over when they will most probably need a point or 3 and stroll to victory is off their head and has clearly been a fan since we moved to the Amex!

Now don't get me wrong, we were good in periods against Fulham and QPR, in fact at times we were fantastic but we were also less than average for 43 minutes on Tuesday, has that all been forgotten because the teams that have nothing to play for buckled, in my opinion serve that first half up against Derby and we might not get off so lightly and IF we go behind 28k arses will be squeaking.

Yes we're on a high from two great results & yes this is the closest to dining at the captains table we've been since 1991 but here's hoping our manager and players aren't thinking anything like what the madness I've heard over the past few days.

Each game at a time and that starts with a very tricky trip to a relegated team where we've already been promised a show and fight against the owners, lets hope we don't lose focus!

UTA

feel free to jog on sausage ....been a fan since 1977.....excuse the young'uns for getting excited ....all i will say is we have always lost the games we were supposed to win and won the games we were supposed to lose...the only thing is now that we are winning the games we are supposed to win ....on form i would say charlton should be 3-0 , 4-0 and that is when the nitty gritty starts..........derby have had it over us for the last couple of seasons ....if we beat them i'm getting on a plane home and will be chucking tetleys around at boro....:thumbsup:

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
Right i'm off to enjoy the sunshine, i'll leave you guys to clear the spunk and dribble off your keyboards.

Later warriors

1. Person posts entry on message board accusing others on said board of being naive and arrogant

2. Others on board call him a clueless bellend

3. Original poster hides behind 'it's my right to express my opinion'

4. Other posters continue to express their opinions and carry on calling him out as clueless bellend

5. Original poster flounces off crying over his keyboard because no-one agrees with him.

Well played. Absolutely TEXTBOOK

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
On top of that anyone who thinks we're going to waltz into the Riverside whilst Boro just roll over when they will most probably need a point or 3 and stroll to victory is off their head and has clearly been a fan since we moved to the Amex!

Complete and utter bobbins. Can you show me ONE QUOTE where anyone has said that, or anything like that on here ?

No. Thought not.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
I have an opinion of what i'm seeing now, isn't that what all albion fans do, isn't that what this board is about, that's why I stay off here because as soon as it's voiced someone like lets say.......YOU......turn it into an agenda

You've voiced your opinion by starting a thread labelling the rest of us arrogant and naive because we're all a bit excited.

Wtf kind of reaction do you expect, you knob.

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
Is the arrogance unwarranted? I don't think so, we've given some teams a right battering recently, how many times have we scored more than 3 goals without conceding in a single season, let alone within a few months? This team has given us a reason to be arrogant, it isn't like Albion fans have been arrogant since the pre-season, much the opposite. There was a fair amount of doom and gloom.

Where has the naivety come from? I've not really seen much, I think it's reasonable to assume we can beat Charlton. Afterall, we've battered teams in the lower half of the table and we've shown we can take on the top teams like we did with Burnley a few weeks ago, so Derby to me is no real threat. Of course, there's no easy game in the Championship, but there are easier games, Charlton is one of them. I hope we continue our run of battering teams, and we knock a good 3-4 past them without conceding and we have the talent to do so, that isn't being naive or arrogant. It is optimism based on evidence. This isn't be being vindictive towards Charlton, I have nothing against them and understand they're being poorly managed by their chairman, BUT, we've got our eyes on automatics.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I think the OP overlooks the fact that Albion fans have to think about all three games because we have to book tickets, make travel arrangements and organise ourselves for those matches. You've got to consider the permutations in order to get yourself sorted, i.e. I've already told my wife vs Derby there is a small chance I might get back home after the kids have gone to bed.

No one is suggesting the Charlton game is already in the bag but one look at the odds tells you it would be a major upset if the outcome was anything other than an Albion win.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
feel free to jog on sausage ....been a fan since 1977.....excuse the young'uns for getting excited ....all i will say is we have always lost the games we were supposed to win and won the games we were supposed to lose...the only thing is now that we are winning the games we are supposed to win ....on form i would say charlton should be 3-0 , 4-0 and that is when the nitty gritty starts..........derby have had it over us for the last couple of seasons ....if we beat them i'm getting on a plane home and will be chucking tetleys around at boro....:thumbsup:
i agree with you but putting it black and white is BOUND to jinx us , we MAY get away with it if you dont do it again !!

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
One thing Albion fans do not have.... is arrogance and over confidence . .... we are too used to failure at key points... except in 2004 in Cardiff. ... even that was close.

We are basking in a decent run of form at just the right time.....that gives us HOPE... nothing more.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Have I been in a cave and missed something, have we beaten Charlton and Derby already? The way this board looks and other Albion fans feel we already have 6 points in the bag and the arrogance of our lot is frightening and I liken it to when we got the draw at palace in the playoffs with the home leg pending, excitement /anticipation is one thing but being delusional is another entirely......and if I hear the term "all we need to do is win all our games and we're up" I think i'll cry. Now providing there is no insanely high scoring affair at Charlton by us on Saturday doesn't that win all 3 term apply to Burnley and boro aswell?! On top of that anyone who thinks we're going to waltz into the Riverside whilst Boro just roll over when they will most probably need a point or 3 and stroll to victory is off their head and has clearly been a fan since we moved to the Amex!

Now don't get me wrong, we were good in periods against Fulham and QPR, in fact at times we were fantastic but we were also less than average for 43 minutes on Tuesday, has that all been forgotten because the teams that have nothing to play for buckled, in my opinion serve that first half up against Derby and we might not get off so lightly and IF we go behind 28k arses will be squeaking.

Yes we're on a high from two great results & yes this is the closest to dining at the captains table we've been since 1991 but here's hoping our manager and players aren't thinking anything like what the madness I've heard over the past few days.

Each game at a time and that starts with a very tricky trip to a relegated team where we've already been promised a show and fight against the owners, lets hope we don't lose focus!

UTA

Point these posts out to me as I haven't seen any

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Arrogance and naivety or optimism and confidence based on our league position and current form?
From some fans I think the former applies. Hopefully most of us know the victory in any game isn't assured. Right now I'd happily take a 1-0 on Saturday.

I liken it to when we got the draw at palace in the playoffs with the home leg pending, excitement /anticipation is one thing but being delusional is another entirely
I think that's a fair comment, I just hope it's a only minority who feel that way.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
I suppose you are a pillar of common sense and logical thinking, having never gotten carried away? Defeats the point a bit doesn't it. Gotta enjoy it.

Also:
The way this board looks and other Albion fans feel we already have 6 points in the bag and the arrogance of our lot is frightening

Must be looking at different threads to me. If I cared enough i'd ask you to provide some kind of evidence of that.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
It's positivity and excitement rather than arrogance and naivety, surely.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
What's all this 33 years of hurt stuff?

In that time, we've won 3 titles and a play-off final victory.

Not bad for a team who classify that period as their dark days.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here