Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Arrogance and Entitlement

Jan 10, 2014
How? The payment excludes televised games and placings money.

We get two payments, the first one in August was for 20 odd million (28 million I think) and another in January.

So we haven't had £55 million (yet) and you have no idea about Burnley's finances. Directors loans anyone?

Last edited:

Jan 14, 2008
Windsor ontario
We get two payments, the first one in August was for 20 odd million (28 million I think) and another in January.

So we haven't had £55 million (yet) and you have no idea about Burnley's finances. Directors loans anyone?

Please just go away .....you'll stay in the prem for 1 season and then go back to being a crap championship team with gates of 8,000 a week if your lucky.....Bolton mark #2

Jan 10, 2014
We've never had gates of 8,000 or under in the Championship.

There seems to be quite a few posters with broken abacus' on this thread lately.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
The problem is that a lot of people think that a SKY cheque for £120 million falls on the mat as soon as you are promoted to the Premier League, which isn't the case. We've only had one payment so far and that doesn't even cover the transfers, ground improvements, bonuses and everything else.

You friggin idiot!

Those 4 crap signings, a new tunnel and dressing room ... right, that's £28M then. Clown!

Nor will you commit much of the other £30M+ to try and stay in the Prem either

As for Directors loans, for a shitarse club in a rotting stadium in the back of beyond I'd imagine that adds up to the square root of feck all.

Piss off back to your own board (if you have one) and dream about the return of Ings/Vokes and how you would have challenged for Europe had they been fit

Bye!

Jan 10, 2014
Calm yourself down Rugrat, think of your blood pressure.

So transfer fees and directors loans both added up come to at least £17 million, then there are signing on fees (I assume you've heard of these) for 4 of the other 6 players we signed. Then there's amortisation of players registrations (this came to over £3 million last season and we didn't sign anywhere near as many players) which could easily already be around £6 million.

Ground improvements - Obviously what has already been mentioned and add work to inside the Bob Lord Stand, the training ground, the floodlights (for the tele) etc.

Players Bonuses - I would assume that the bonuses will be higher than they were last time we went up, which was around £4 million then.

This clown is asking you to get your abacus out, although you won't need it as you know everything about Burnley's finances.

You've certainly posted on the right thread though Rugrat and I would assume Raymondthe is having a right old giggle at you.

Bolton va va

Nov 20, 2012
Please just go away .....you'll stay in the prem for 1 season and then go back to being a crap championship team with gates of 8,000 a week if your lucky.....Bolton mark #2

Oi....don't be dragging the mighty Wanderers into it.

Burnley look likely to be going for the " take the money & run " approach to the premier league, while Bolton had 11 consecutive seasons there, with several top half finishes, 2 European campaigns including trips to Bayern Munich, Marseilles, Sporting Lisbon, Athletico Madrid etc etc, & a cup final.

We had the (very ) good times but are now paying the price for it, Burnley will probably only have the one largely depressing season up, but will end up financially better off for it.

No comparison.

RaymondThe

Aug 16, 2014
211s9pk.jpg

Must hurt given your current predicament.

We love him and respect him for the commitment he gives us. Championship might be his level but try telling him that.

We might be coming back down but we are richer, literally, for the success he has given us and his presence at our club.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
211s9pk.jpg

Must hurt given your current predicament.

We love him and respect him for the commitment he gives us. Championship might be his level but try telling him that.

We might be coming back down but we are richer, literally, for the success he has given us and his presence at our club.

It hurt in our previous predicament! There are some on here who didn't rate him...I loved him, still sad he went, chuffed to bits he's doing well with you. Another one we'll live to regret...

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Yes, we could certainly do with Ashley Barnes back at the club now.

We are a total mess on the pitch with no heart or direction.

RaymondThe

Aug 16, 2014
Respect to you mate. I think he'll be one of those players that will divide opinion, and probably one of those you don't realise you miss till they're gone.

For me, Brightons recent success has been built on a spine of steel, the likes of Greer, Barnes, El-Abd etc, and they seem to be getting phased out, or naturally coming to the close of their career, and you're worse for it.

All the best to you anyway, hope you stay up, other tems far more deserving of the drop, you are at least trying to be progressive.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Respect to you mate. I think he'll be one of those players that will divide opinion, and probably one of those you don't realise you miss till they're gone.

For me, Brightons recent success has been built on a spine of steel, the likes of Greer, Barnes, El-Abd etc, and they seem to be getting phased out, or naturally coming to the close of their career, and you're worse for it.

All the best to you anyway, hope you stay up, other tems far more deserving of the drop, you are at least trying to be progressive.

we have got some pretty serious problems with morale and fortitude at the moment....we have lost the spine of the team and those responsible for finding quality in the transfer market are not very good at it.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
I do miss Barnsey, glad his work rate and commitment are being appreciated up there. Good luck for the rest of the season, it'll be tough but worse teams have stayed up.

RaymondThe

Aug 16, 2014
5txmz6.jpg

Ash giving it some to Southampton fans after winning 3 points for us today.

He's directly responsible for 4 of our points so far, and gave us the extra push we needed last season.

He scores big goals at big moments.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here