Armbands at Goodison tonight - anyone know why?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
Why were socks being thrown on the pitch????

Apparently (according to an Everton fan at work) people from Kirkby are called sock robbers because of their reputation of stealing clothes off their neighbours clothes line.

And Everton thought about relocating there so hence the socks on pitch. My the Scouse humour is hilarious isn't it.

Merseyside Seagull

Dec 18, 2003
Wirral
I presume he was a very close friend or relative?

Otherwise CALM DOWN chap or it could be you next!

Blimey if nobody was allowed to make a joke about a dead bloke they'd never met or for that matter heard of the world would be well boring (and Sickipedia would only need half the storage it currently uses)

Not a friend or relative, but have listened to him for over 14 years, and I'll remember your comments when your old man dies, a bloke I've never heard of or met.

Skint Gull

Jul 27, 2003
Watchin the boats go by
Not a friend or relative, but have listened to him for over 14 years, and I'll remember your comments when your old man dies, a bloke I've never heard of or met.

But that's the whole point isn't it? The fact that nobody on here actually knew him so it's hardly worth getting so worked up if somebody makes a slightly witty comment? If people had been taking the piss out of the bloke or saying out of order stuff then fair enough but nobody did!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports