Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Argus's assessment of last night.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Having a sports writer who clearly isn't a fan of the team he's writing about is frustrating. It's not just unbiased, it feels like Naylor actively dislikes the club. Feels like this is since Blooms chairmanship, he wasn't this negative with Knight in charge. Old boys club?

As in a fair few cases, including some NSC posters, I suspect he misses the DK/Withdean days where the club was run like a village fete organising committee and he/they could benefit from having the Chairman's ear and getting all the exclusives and gossip.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
As in a fair few cases, including some NSC posters, I suspect he misses the DK/Withdean days where the club was run like a village fete organising committee and he/they could benefit from having the Chairman's ear and getting all the exclusives and gossip.
how disrespectful of the then board. Makes you sound a bit of a prick too if I'm candid as clearly they're all highly successful business men in their own right too.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
how disrespectful of the then board. Makes you sound a bit of a prick too if I'm candid as clearly they're all highly successful business men in their own right too.
My apologies, reading back it does come across as disrespectful to DK et al, which certainly was not my intention or point.

My apologies, reading back it does come across as disrespectful to DK et al, which certainly was not my intention or point.

Surely you are wrong on the history too. Naylor was the most critical of the board when Knight sacked McGhee. In recent controveries over Poyet and Garcia, Naylor played a very straight bat and was very even-handed, it was very hard to tell what his personal feelings were on those decisions.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
The way football coverage is heading across the whole country, it's hard enough already for objective reporters to do the job nowadays without fans calling for even more 'club-approved' content. Amazing that some people just want a cheerleader at the local paper.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I've only seen the highlights but looked like we still had some great chances in the second half?

But that's where highlights can be misleading. Off-hand, I can only really remember a couple of chances in a one minute flurry where Hemed put his header just wide. On the balance of play - which highlights don't show - Forest grew and grew in confidence and for a long spell were dominating the midfield.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
On the balance of play - which highlights don't show - Forest grew and grew in confidence and for a long spell were dominating the midfield.

Agreed that was the case in the second half, they had possession without creating chances.

We were similar in the first half.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here