Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Argus: Vicente describes Poyet as the worst person he has come across in football

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
I never hated Vicente . I stated on many occasions he was a fantastic player..We should have let him go though and ultimately he was a waste of funds.

Or as it turns out play him...

bravohotelalpha

Jan 23, 2011
Good Old Sussex By The Sea
The school excuse is pathetic, they do 3 hours a day colouring in and playing games not quadratic equations & kids that age pick up both languages without thinking, 10x faster than adults, it'll do her good, she'll be bilingual without knowing it
To use his own daughter as an excuse for his own mental weakness shows the man has no shame

no it is not at all pathetic - and if you read on Vicente then says 'now she is happy here, she speaks English and she has friends' so she took a little while to adjust that is all - t*at

Wise words from bozza, this article did not go to press without approval from the club, we knew this was going to get messi (see what I did there) let us all pray it does not get any messier

Last edited:

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
Argus: Vicente describes Poyet as the worst person he has come across in footba

I think Bozza has it nail on head. As much ad i love the bloke, lets not forget that Vicente has form with this kind of thing. Remember the claim and counter claims when he left Valencia.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Let's be clear - the club have all but planted this story to help their own agenda.

I'm not saying it's not true, I'm not #TeamPoyet, but there's a game going on behind the scenes here.

Why would Vicente help the club after we shafted him on the extra year and have now released him?

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Whatever....but i have been telling everyone for ages what a wanker Poyet is..The least some of you could do is say i was right all along..I've been slated enough lol .

the thing with you is, you were always going to get an opportunity to come on here and say 'See I was right' unless Poyet stayed with us til the day he died.

No way anyone could have foreseen this shit storm, least of all you, and to come on here saying 'I was right all along' over a bit of sensationalism from the Argus only really confirms what you're like.

What's your opinion on players who have praised Poyet? Or Oatway? He's often gone on record saying how highly he thinks of Poyet.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
the thing with you is, you were always going to get an opportunity to come on here and say 'See I was right' unless Poyet stayed with us til the day he died.

No way anyone could have foreseen this shit storm, least of all you, and to come on here saying 'I was right all along' over a bit of sensationalism from the Argus only really confirms what you're like.

What's your opinion on players who have praised Poyet? Or Oatway? He's often gone on record saying how highly he thinks of Poyet.

Oatway lol....he was lucky yo have his job in the first place...As for players, its not wise to slag a manager off if you want to play...I haven't seen players or ex players queueing up in the last few days to sing his praises.

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
you don't have to be a good person to suceed though in football or any other business

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I think Bozza has it nail on head. As much ad i love the bloke, lets not forget that Vicente has form with this kind of thing. Remember the claim and counter claims when he left Valencia.

Great point.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
As Bozza has said... Vicente did this with his old club. In adiditon, if Gus is so bad how come all the toher players loved him. Look on the bright side, if Gus is so bad then if he goes to another club the other players wont go with him.

U cant have it both ways.

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
Let's be clear - the club have all but planted this story to help their own agenda.

I'm not saying it's not true, I'm not #TeamPoyet, but there's a game going on behind the scenes here.

But then the other players under contract have been gagged, and was it not the club who used the clause to bring him back but Vicente complaint is mainly against Gus.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I think that there is probably an element of truth in the interview but certain points have been exaggerated to help sell the paper but at the moment we are only getting the prosecution evidence no defence as such. When we do things my seem different and not so clear cut as they do now.

Good points, there is an element here of the club getting their retaliation in first.

There are a few shades* of the Wilkins dismissal here - the big difference this time is that I'm 100% behind the club whereas last time I was 100% against them. I wonder if the club have tapped up a replacement the way they approached Adams last time whilst Wilkins was still in post? Anyway this will run and run for a while yet with more and more being revealed - probably on both sides.

*Only a few before someone points out that they're totally different situations.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I think that there is probably an element of truth in the interview but certain points have been exaggerated to help sell the paper but at the moment we are only getting the prosecution evidence no defence as such. When we do things my seem different and not so clear cut as they do now.

Exactly. Expect to see more, 'kick him while his down' stories doing the rounds now.

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
I think that old phrase believe only half of what you see and nothing of what you hear is so true in relation to the Albion in the last week and probably the next 3 months.

No one is going to come out of this smelling of roses especially in view of the Poogate incident and if the washing of dirty laundry in public continues or escalates its going to make the task of putting a new manager in place even harder even if they had someone lines up!

mr sheen

Jan 17, 2008
Argus: Vicente describes Poyet as the worst person he has come across in footba

you don't have to be a good person to suceed though in football or any other business

I suspect most successful (and probably most unsuccessful) football managers are quite unpleasant individuals in their work time. It's a ruthless profession, dealing with a lot of immature and ill educated young men. Being nice isn't part of the culture.

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
Wonder if any more ex-Albion players will slam Poyet now? Sparrow must have a bit to say?

And Vincelot was treated pretty badly imo. Horse face Sandaza didnt have a good word to say either when he was on loan

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Whatever the motivation behind the article, between this and 'poogate' it's really rather sad to see the club being dragged through a soap opera and airing various pieces of dirty laundry in public.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here