Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are you happy with Ulloa out and O'Grady in?

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
I do hope everyone realises when they spend Ulloas millions on replacements, that this financial year we have to reduce our maximum losses from £8 million to £6 million.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
A million miles

Yes..

Like Ward, Connor, Saunders, Byrne, Nelson, Zamora, Knight, Murray, Leo, <insertnextstarhere>

More like Michael Robinson. That's Ulloa.

O'Grady seems more like the legendary Charlie Livesey, who had a song all of his own.

Last edited:

richmond

May 30, 2008
Any quality that B'ton have will go such as Ulloa to balance the FFP books, can't see B'ton getting out of the championship in the near future. The stadium and training facilities may be in place but we are just not good enough to challenge for promotion. By the way, what does happen to clubs that have failed the FFP rules?

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Its clear to me that O'Grady will be Barnes replacement, and I am more than happy with that.

Now the Ulloa money is on its way we can go after the proper targets.

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Roll on Sheffield Wednesday. If Pearson had seen the game against Wednesday last season, we would still have Ulloa.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
You make it sound like a swap deal!
O'Grady arrival has nothing whatsoever to do with Leo depature.

In that case it's abysmal timing by the club if they announce O'Grady joining at around the same time as Leo leaving.

seagullmouse

Jan 3, 2011
I do hope everyone realises when they spend Ulloas millions on replacements, that this financial year we have to reduce our maximum losses from £8 million to £6 million.

But nobody seems to be sticking to this, are we the only ones?

willyfantastic

Mar 1, 2009
£7m is a great bit of business for Ulloa, no way is he worth that much

however, I'm not sure O'Grady is a suitable replacement. He's had 1 good season in the championship after floating around not doing anything his whole career, and thats about it... you'd think we could get somebody better after all the money we have received for transfers over the past 6 months

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
We can't sign anyone if the club isn't prepared to pay the wages , we can't get the ward deal done coz we are worried over a couple of grand.

It's called negotiating. Might be a strange concept but basically it means not paying what your first asked for and probably not getting away with paying what you first offer. Ulloa deal is a fine case in point. If you were representing the club you would have accepted the first £3m offer and justified it by saying that he didn't want to play for us so best get shot of him. With regard to Ward, we know how good he is and we know he would like to come back so it is about agreeing a fair wage. He has to drop as his salary was set when Wolves were in the Prem. If we pay over the odds for him, how does that affect negotiations with existing players when their contracts come up.

So for the record...

Anyone who has any kind of worry in the way we are doing our business and our investment in the squad wants us to get relegated and loves to moan moan moan.

Anyone who has 100% total blind faith in whatever they're told are the true fans and bastions of light on NSC?

:clap:

Inb4HawkThumbsDown

But you don't see any middle ground. This thread should be renamed 'The Bedwetters Love In'. People moaning about players not 'bedding in' as they miss part of pre-season. How long have these people been watching football. It's always been like that. The transfer window is up until the 31st August so are they saying if you miss pre-season we shouldn't sign anyone? Of course not.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
£7m is a great bit of business for Ulloa, no way is he worth that much

however, I'm not sure O'Grady is a suitable replacement. He's had 1 good season in the championship after floating around not doing anything his whole career, and thats about it... you'd think we could get somebody better after all the money we have received for transfers over the past 6 months

Has the transfer window just shut!? ???

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I think I would have liked Schlupp in part exchange?

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Becchio and O' Grady in plus others happy with that.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
But nobody seems to be sticking to this, are we the only ones?

It does feel like that sometimes, I agree.

Think we will just have to grin and bear it until later on this year for the financial accounts to be released by all clubs and then see what action evolves from those results. I suspect that the majority of clubs will meet the requirements.

Mannie

Jun 4, 2014
Brighton
Change of style of play. Not lumping it to a big man in the middle all the time. It has its advantages, but it means keeping Buckley and Lualua.

Completely agree - change of style. £7m buys a lot of strength in depth for the squad, something we suffered from hugely last season.
Provided the money is spent of course…..

HH Brighton

Jul 25, 2003
Love Ulloa but that sort of money for him is too good to turn down. Decent a championship level but can't see him being a success in the premier league. No pace, looking for free kicks and often looking disinterested. Good luck to him though, would love him to prove me wrong.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here