Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are you excited about the new season?

scousefan

Apr 26, 2009
Liverpool
As always I'm very excited about the new season. Logically our squad looks strong and settled. However I can't escape a gut feeling that we're not quite ready. We are still at least two signings short and this time we are starting with some injuries. We also can't rely on emergency loans.

I would agree that last year we were probably weaker on paper. However I started the season with a real level of confidence. By contrast two years ago I was very concerned that we weren't anywhere near ready and I was unashamedly a bed wetter at the time!

Probably my gut feelings are wrong and I really hope that they are! (I'm probably just missing Calde, GG and Bobby). Good defensive and striker signings, as well as holding onto Stevens, Kayal, Dunk and March would really help...

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Likely?

Haven't we knocked back a number of bids? Bloom has made it quite clear we don't need to sell.. How anyone can say they are not looking forward to the new season is beyond me. We have a fabulous group of players. Bloom has spent a lot of money building this team. Some people are ungrateful and yes whinging

I'll come back to you when the window has closed, Bloom made it quite clear we didn't have to sell Ulloa but maybe you have chosen to forget that.

I think we have a wonderful team and am concerned we might lose some players, how the feck does that make me ungrateful? You carry on being excited, I'm not going to knock it.

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
Nope. If we finish above 10th I'll be happy
There will be incomings before the start of the season, but I fear too late.
Of course I'm a pessimist. Albion,innit.

always look forward to the start but something is missing this summer and I can't help but think it's going to be a struggle this season.... we haven't strengthened the squad in any way and although friendly games mean nothing apart from fitness it's not been a good pre season I just have this feeling that we are well short of being in a promotion challenge and its not beyond the realms of possibility that a relegation fight could happen

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
Feeling strangely flat going into this season. Whether that is a hang over from last year and the fear we will never do so well again or the current lack of investment to the squad which is still a little short I don't know, but right now if you gave me 6th place I take it without question.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
always look forward to the start but something is missing this summer and I can't help but think it's going to be a struggle this season.... we haven't strengthened the squad in any way and although friendly games mean nothing apart from fitness it's not been a good pre season I just have this feeling that we are well short of being in a promotion challenge and its not beyond the realms of possibility that a relegation fight could happen

:eek::smokin::flypig::wozza:

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Going by the way we looked at oxford I'm optimistic we'll be strong this season. the division is also stronger . So top six would be a big achievement

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here