Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are you excited about the new season?

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
TBH, given the relative lack of signings so far, and the potential for losing Stephens and Dunk during August, I've rarely felt as underwhelmed before the start of a season.

I want to feel excited and optimistic, but so far, I'm a bit 'meh'.

Sheets are still dry, though :wink:

Seems to sum me up at the moment. Worried that it will be a much harder League to gain promotion from this coming season, plus little concerned about lack of depth in squad in some positions. Having said this possibly fans of all the other teams are saying the same!!!

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
No.

I don't know if I've got the heart and passion for another season. Football in general just bores me now. I might try and go a whole campaign without attending any matches. I can certainly find the time for my other hobbies and they're much cheaper.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I think I'll struggle to get excited until the window closes and I know what the final squad is. My natural pessimism expects us to lose a couple of key players.

Raskolnikov

Aug 13, 2014
Wivenhoe
Apparently our first game is next week and our last preseason is tomorrow.. am I the only one who has just noticed this? Where did the close season go? Whaaat??????

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
If you can't go into a new season excited you need a new hobby!

Quite. I've just watched the first 20 mins of the play-off semi 2nd leg to get me in the mood. The thought of watching that kind of intense attacking football really gets the juices flowing. Bear in mind also the only players out of that 11 that won't be here, as of now, for this season are Greer and Wilson, and we've added Murray into the mix, I can't wait. It's obvious also the club is looking to add, and are pretty determined to hold onto our existing talent means we should be right up there again.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
excited for the start of the new season but think we are short of a few decent signings. think another 3/4 need to be added asap imo.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Got over last season. Still waiting for summer to start.

Anticipation somewhat muted by trepidation about the trains, bad enough even before the strike. West Coastway service is the culprit. Once into the habit of travelling it should be OK.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
frankly no
or at least not yet

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
I am excited because I am every season. I really cannot see us only losing 5 games this season though and hauling 89 points again. Happy to eat humble pie if I am wrong of course but last season was a bit spesh and very difficult to replicate I would have thought.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Looking forward to the Lazio game - gutted I can't make Derby as working night shifts, but well up for the new season. Just hope we keep our main players and maybe a couple of new faces.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Looking forward to the Lazio game - gutted I can't make Derby as working night shifts, but well up for the new season. Just hope we keep our main players and maybe a couple of new faces.

Unlike you I am looking forward to the season getting underway but have no wish to see 25 players of Lazio going through the motions as we did against Luton and Stevenage and pay good money to do so.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Yes i am. We have a cracking team providing we keep them together. I'm sure we will strengthen before the window closes.

I see lots of whinging going on.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Yes i am. We have a cracking team providing we keep them together. I'm sure we will strengthen before the window closes.

I see lots of whinging going on.

Is being concerned that we are likely to lose a couple of our best players whinging? I have hardly seen a post that is what I would call a whinge but if you insist, whingers it is.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Is being concerned that we are likely to lose a couple of our best players whinging? I have hardly seen a post that is what I would call a whinge but if you insist, whingers it is.

Likely?

Haven't we knocked back a number of bids? Bloom has made it quite clear we don't need to sell.. How anyone can say they are not looking forward to the new season is beyond me. We have a fabulous group of players. Bloom has spent a lot of money building this team. Some people are ungrateful and yes whinging

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here