Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Are we going to get out of group?

Europa League progression?

• Total voters

Brok

😐
Dec 26, 2011
Probably been said before that Dahoud is a bit, er, under par shall we say, but last night he played at least two of the most delicious passes I have ever seen. I have high hopes for the lad.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
First , second or third is fine.
We will manage that

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Finishing third and going into the conference league may be our best chance of European football next season.

I don’t see us getting there on league position this year so winning something would be needed. I’d say winning Conference league is probably an easier task than the FA cup
You know we will get Villa in the final and they will win 1-0 with their traditional VAR cheat

worthingseagull

Sep 28, 2011
Finishing third and going into the conference league may be our best chance of European football next season.

I don’t see us getting there on league position this year so winning something would be needed. I’d say winning Conference league is probably an easier task than the FA cup
reasonable shout

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
I must admit, I think Ajax away home ought to be the most winnable of the 4 remaining games. People saying we're in a bad patch of form should look at them. Plus, they have Chuba Akpom playing for them. A very shit Brighton reject.
That means will score against us

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
I think it will be difficult but I fancy us for one of the play off spots.

I dont see us as having the depth of squad or experience to go deep in the competition but finishing second and drawing a giant in the play offs would be incredible and if win that who knows.

Krafty

Apr 19, 2023
I think that the home match against Ajax will be the decider.
If we win, I think we will be fine and could possibly advance as group leaders.
If we draw/lose, it puts us in a much harder situation and I could only see us finishing 3rd/4th after that.
That game will be massive.

We are very lucky that the other games in our group resulted in draws, that is why it is still so tight.

HeaviestTed

I’m eating
NSC Patron
Mar 23, 2023
Probably been said before that Dahoud is a bit, er, under par shall we say, but last night he played at least two of the most delicious passes I have ever seen. I have high hopes for the lad.
His passes are pure class, I could see him at the end of his career with a record for most assists - obviously a long way off!

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
It's all going to hinge on the last game, with whoever wins the game us or Marseille qualify and the loser exits Europe.

kojak

Jan 17, 2022
I think we'll win the group
The 2nd half last night showed us we have nothing to fear
Just need to start games like that
We're the best team in the group

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
First half tonight - European tour finished, second half its on.

Slightly pedantic but the way we came back and the change between 1st and 2nd half we are now in the fight and have broken that phycological barrier. That recovery was better than a win (psychologically) bring on Ajax.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
😂
😂
😂
Marseille European Champions in their past in their cup final against Brighton

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
Qualify as group winners following back to back wins against Ajax, point in Athens before a home win against Marseille.

RDZ subsequently gets some resource in January to strengthen our midfield and who knows how far we can go.

Glass half full for me.

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
I think we’ve been adjusting to a new experience, different type of football (ironically more physical) and so on. I’m hopeful the second 45 mins on Thursday was when we ‘came of age’. I also think RDZ has proven that sometimes he can ‘counter the counter’ (Newcastle) and sometimes not (Villa), so second round of games especially interesting. I think we’ll win the group.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here