Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Are we going to get out of group?

Europa League progression?

• Total voters

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
We've seen two of the sides now, and only one team in the group has won a game. It's clearly going to be very tight.

What's your instinct telling you? No fence.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
My heart says yes.
My head says no.
We are going through a poor patch and we have a lot of learning to do. The silly thing is, we could have won both games, but even Europa teams are learning how to set up against us.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
I must admit, I think Ajax away home ought to be the most winnable of the 4 remaining games. People saying we're in a bad patch of form should look at them. Plus, they have Chuba Akpom playing for them. A very shit Brighton reject.
The one thing I’m learning about europe . It seems irrelevant about form or outside influences .

When the European teams play an English side then it appears to be their cup finals .

Very very hard to predict anything in this group. Not sure there is any game we should win or should lose .

It’s fascinating

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
I must admit, I think Ajax away home ought to be the most winnable of the 4 remaining games. People saying we're in a bad patch of form should look at them. Plus, they have Chuba Akpom playing for them. A very shit Brighton reject.
We really should be on 6 points. Marseille were nothing special and AEK are just a variation on Wimbledon 1987. Ajax are as shit as they've ever been.

I think that 2nd half last night the players visibly grew in belief. RDZ can now make the players believe.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Huge result last night, when the players came over at the end they had a look of confidence about them. De Zerbi was delighted. I think this result shows what they can do in the most hostile of atmospheres and not be at their best. Big yes from me.
I think they'll take huge confidence from last night and rightly so. Marseille is as hostile as it gets pretty much and we found ourselves two down. Dominating from 35ish mins onwards to fight back is impressive. They'll know obviously that that point has given us a massive lifeline too with the other game being a draw last night.

Really, really need to tighten up as a defensive unit though.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I believe that we could well end up looking back on last night as being the defining moment of our Europa Cup campaign. The belief and confidence levels will be boosted for the team just as much as they are for most of us fans. Epic comeback, not to be under estimated.

Yes, yes we will get out of this group!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Define ‘get out of the group’?

3rd takes us on to knock out rounds of the Conference League. I guess that’s the FENCE option…

Garyoldfan

Jun 14, 2023

Attachments

• IMG_8760.jpeg
    IMG_8760.jpeg
    147.1 KB · Views: 115

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here