Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Are we destined to become a 'selling club'?

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
You are spot on. Liverpool are not like city, united, chelsea etc. They will not break their wage structure for anyone. We didn’t want to lose Mane, but we were not prepared to pay neatly 400k a week for him, which is why we bought Nunez in. The same reason Salah will go next season. He wants 400k a week but he won’t get it. He will wait and get a £30m signing on fee, maybe. It’s ok, the Reds will love them both forever, but will move on.
As mentioned in another thread, that’s the reason why Liverpool are not a selling club out of need, just when it’s best for the club.

Let's keep things in perspective - in spite of the 'all conquering' lure of LFC, the majority of foreign players would rather be in Spain, with Real or Barca, than playing for Liverpool, and that includes many who have worn the red shirt, past and present.

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
Let's keep things in perspective - in spite of the 'all conquering' lure of LFC, the majority of foreign players would rather be in Spain, with Real or Barca, than playing for Liverpool, and that includes many who have worn the red shirt, past and present.

I would agree that most Latin players used to be looking at Real and Barca, but I’m not so sure now as it is still all about the money, the club and the manager. Mane surprised me, he has more chance of winning in Europe with LFC. He will win the German league.. great, it was about the money as he’d won everything anyway.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Over the last few years, Leicester have sold Kante, Drinkwater, Mahrez, Maguire and Chilwell - despite winning the title (and, later, the FA Cup) and being in Europe.

I'm sure we'll cope with losing a few stars...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here