Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Palace] Are we allowed to say how well the scum have done?

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Does this count?

ZAHA-DIVE_18894a42afcc1fbc5.gif

Yes. There's loads on YouTube. Just can't be arsed. It's not even a debate.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Why would you mention the colour of his skin? This isn't the first time you've done this.

Because some Palace fans have suggested it's a racism thing against Zaha. I'm not sure they've noticed how many black players there are in the Premier League.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Big club, small club who cares what difference does it make.

Leeds, Sheff Weds, Aston Villa, Sunderland and Forest all so called big clubs.

Past glories, big stadiums and massive support are not the over riding factors for success any more.

Indeed.
The goalposts have been irreversibly moved by a couple of slick Jewish boys in the late 80's, followed by certain billionaires who decided that football was a fun place to chuck millions at and then bask in the reflected glory.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Ah yes, the elite. Those with a sense of entitlement and a scant disregard for any club outside their clique. Those that are constantly in the spotlight and generating revenue from the whole universe rather than on a more localised level. Those that have created a ' them and us ' attitude amongst the whole of the rest of football and a divide that they are determined that no one else will bridge. Those that can only buy the cream of players to add to their glittering squads.
These clubs are the enemy. Much more so than Palace. Don't show any support or semi-allegiance to any of them. Just wish them ill-will all the time and laugh at their occasional moments of misfortune. Don't ever feel sorry for them cos they sure as hell don't feel sorry for you. They are here to grind the rest of us down and f..k the rest of football.

Looking forward to Friday Mo? :)

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Why would you mention the colour of his skin? This isn't the first time you've done this.

Either way, those aren't the only two options. The actual case is that he's a player who likely has the quickest feet in the Premier League which leads him to be fouled very often. Most defenders simply aren't able to stop him fairly, and so take the risk of stopping him by illegal means. Referees often spot this and award penalties, but can't get every decision right and also miss their fair share.

I mention it because Wilf cited it as the reason he is picked on by referees.

I couldn't give shit one what colour he is. He's a cheating, paranoid bellend.

Great footballer too.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Looking down haha

All the gear and no idea, sums you lot up perfectly.

Until Millwall or Charlton get there acts together we will continue to laud it over you don't worry. Pretty sure you are the ones who have no one else to focus your attention on.

Please, please offer me hope that if one of these other local clubs to yourselves ( and there are 13 league clubs nearer Palace than Brighton ) gain momentum, that you will switch your attentions back to them, rather than our little old club by the seaside, 50 miles from you and the rest of the football world can lose its bewilderment at this bizarre rivalry, borne out of two ego fuelled and ambitious Londoners, who hated each other.

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013
Does this count?

ZAHA-DIVE_18894a42afcc1fbc5.gif

Watch the video; 43 seconds in.

He's being clearly fouled and dragged back in the leadup to this, could easily have gone down but deliberately tries to stay on his feet. He then attempts to get around the two players and falls over. It's not a penalty and it's not a dive, hence why he doesn't appeal for it and wasn't booked. It should, however, have been a Palace free kick outside the box once we lost the advantage.

Yes. There's loads on YouTube. Just can't be arsed. It's not even a debate.

Are there?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
You have to take your hat off to Roy...when he joined they were cast iron relegation favourites
And yet again I'll make easy money on them staying up.

Seeing as Leicester saw us off at home and away, and palarse dick them 5-0, that was an exceptional result.
So what Leicester beat us twice - they weren't really better than us at home, the game just went their way. And Leicester were down to 10 for half the game against Palace, who got 3 in the last 10 minutes. You could equally pick West Ham, Swansea and Newcastle - Palace managed 4 points, we got 16.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Looking forward to Friday Mo? :)

No, dreading it.
All the local United fans worming their way into the Amex. Bodies leaping off their seats in all parts of the ground if/when United score. Just gonna hate the whole bloody evening. In fact, I am seriously thinking of not going ( on second thoughts I might just bite my lip and put up with the whole circus )

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
All these PL seasons and they've got a lot to show for it in terms of infrastructure, position in the league etc. Who says maintaining your PL status season-on-season doesn't reap long term rewards?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Seems it's all shaping up for that tilt at Europe that Palace keep talking about. It's always "next season", although "next season" never seems to come.

I bet the top 6 are shitting themselves at their cosy little club being infiltrated by Croydon's finest.
Best not mention shitting themselves in the same sentence as Crystal Palace..............

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Because some Palace fans have suggested it's a racism thing against Zaha. I'm not sure they've noticed how many black players there are in the Premier League.

And Garth Crooks has got his number too. Never mind that, there's still a racist agenda against him.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
No, dreading it.
All the local United fans worming their way into the Amex. Bodies leaping off their seats in all parts of the ground if/when United score. Just gonna hate the whole bloody evening. In fact, I am seriously thinking of not going ( on second thoughts I might just bite my lip and put up with the whole circus )

Could be worse, watching it in any pub in the South of England surrounded by Utd fans in replica shirts.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Either way, those aren't the only two options. The actual case is that he's a player who likely has the quickest feet in the Premier League which leads him to be fouled very often. Most defenders simply aren't able to stop him fairly, and so take the risk of stopping him by illegal means. Referees often spot this and award penalties, but can't get every decision right and also miss their fair share.

He is the Premier League's ultimate boy who cried wolf, only he doesn't actually cry wolf, he falls down dramatically, appealing for a penalty even before he's even hit the turf, before then putting on that really bizarre face as he appeals to both the referee and some sort of higher power about how it's all so incredibly unfair. He might actually cry however - it certainly looks like it on occasion.

He's a fantastic player - anyone who suggests otherwise is deluded - but he's a recognised cheat. You can spend your days on here defending him all you like, but that won't change the perception of a huge number of football fans who know him as the player most booked Premier League for diving over some time period or other. He's even been out injured for long periods, and no one, not even Diving Dele, can touch him.

You're not alone in being blinkered to the failings of your own player. Most football fans who detest diving and cheating, turn a blind eye when it's one of their own. Many Albion fans seem to not notice that Knockaert can go down easily, on occasion, whilst Jose Izaquierdo seems to be inflicted with a bit of Zaha-itis too.

Neither of them are such figures of fun (read: piss-taking) that opposing mascots throw themselves to the floor in their presence though. That treatment is reserved for your boy, and it is entirely merited. You just can't see it.

miffy6

Mar 7, 2009
Watch the video; 43 seconds in.

He's being clearly fouled and dragged back in the leadup to this, could easily have gone down but deliberately tries to stay on his feet. He then attempts to get around the two players and falls over. It's not a penalty and it's not a dive, hence why he doesn't appeal for it and wasn't booked. It should, however, have been a Palace free kick outside the box once we lost the advantage.

Ah i see, going down in the box without being touched, is NOT a dive? Thanks for clearing that up.

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
@ The Paddy Watch the video; 43 seconds in.

Have you seriously got **** all better to do on a Sunday? I know your forum thinks you are a sad arsed **** as well but go find something to do.

There's a big world out there waiting. Even for bellends like you.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Leicester performed a miracle and are likely the only surprise package we'll see really threaten the big boys for another decade at least. I don't think it's unreasonable, however, to suggest that we could emulate Burnley's season and finish 7th/8th with a little bit of luck on the injury front. We've seen in the last month or so that with something approaching a full strength side we're a decent midtable Premier League team.

That also works both ways though. I think if next season, locadia comes good and we keep hold of the squad as it is, with a couple of extra players ( it won't happen but I would love to see iniesta here...what a waste of a talent going to China in a Micky mouse league) I think we could also consolidate into a reasonable premier side.

I am not saying I can ever see us as a top 10 side, but certainly mid table should be achievable especially if hughton gets in players who can push on. I see your predicament the same as ours and to be honest apart from the top 5 or six, our only aim is to remain in the division. This bit about getting into Europe is all pie in the sky when as in the f a cup, managers see staying in the prem as the be and end all and send out second strings to play in cup competitions.

Looking at your squad, you do have decent players, but as with benteke, spending shed loads doesn't guarantee you success...we could say the same with locadia as it does appear he is not ready to make the jump yet.

the problem with the palace brighton games is that it is a magnet for some of both of our more volatile fans and certainly the league game was a far from enjoyable. The cup game more so, but again, it wasn't the first team squad for both teams. I think the anticipation of the game tends to be more than the spectacle!

Hopefully we see a few palace fans at REMF in a couple of weeks. It's always a terrific craic

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
I find it very odd that for such a prolific diver, no footage of him actually diving exists anywhere on the internet. If you can find some footage of Zaha going down without any contact being made, I'd love to see it.

Until then, the only thing we can say for certain is that he's a significantly better footballer than anyone currently playing for Brighton & Hove Albion :)

A good footballer should be able to play without cheating every week, which Zaha does not. Strange how football pundits mention Zaha's well known history of diving. I hate the bloke so the chances of me trawling the internet for any reference to him without projectile vomiting are minimal.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here