Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Palace] Are we allowed to say how well the scum have done?

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013
Seems it's all shaping up for that tilt at Europe that Palace keep talking about. It's always "next season", although "next season" never seems to come.

I bet the top 6 are shitting themselves at their cosy little club being infiltrated by Croydon's finest.

Leicester performed a miracle and are likely the only surprise package we'll see really threaten the big boys for another decade at least. I don't think it's unreasonable, however, to suggest that we could emulate Burnley's season and finish 7th/8th with a little bit of luck on the injury front. We've seen in the last month or so that with something approaching a full strength side we're a decent midtable Premier League team.

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
I will never, ever congratulate Palace on their performance or place in the table, except maybe to acknowledge they have an Olympic standard diver in Zaha.

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013
I will never, ever congratulate Palace on their performance or place in the table, except maybe to acknowledge they have an Olympic standard diver in Zaha.

I find it very odd that for such a prolific diver, no footage of him actually diving exists anywhere on the internet. If you can find some footage of Zaha going down without any contact being made, I'd love to see it.

Until then, the only thing we can say for certain is that he's a significantly better footballer than anyone currently playing for Brighton & Hove Albion :)

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Looking down haha

All the gear and no idea, sums you lot up perfectly.

Until Millwall or Charlton get there acts together we will continue to laud it over you don't worry. Pretty sure you are the ones who have no one else to focus your attention on.

Morally yes. We look down on you...everyone looks down on you.

It was inevitable, I suppose, that after spending 90% of the season below us, now you've clawed your way to a magnificent 1 point lead, that you'd all rush onto our boards to tell us how brilliant, clever and attractive to women you are. But you're still a shitty little club with a past.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
on my office wall, which is my back bedroom at home, I have a picture lifted from the argus of my first away game we went to when we had just moved to brighton, millwall at cold blow lane where we lost 3-1 I think it was and Fred binney scored. Not knowing where to stand, we ended up in the millwall stand full of homicidal maniacs. When he scored I leaped up in the air( I was very young) and this bloke put his hand on my shoulder and said shhhhhhhhhhh. Turned out he was also a brighton fan and didn't want to die that day!

Was also there with mates, standing side by side with the fans that Palace chose to reject ( I wonder why ) Fights broke out all around the ground. One of our party was floored by a big right hander, that he never saw coming. It was seriously scary and not to be recommended.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
I find it very odd that for such a prolific diver, no footage of him actually diving exists anywhere on the internet.

The only thing we can say for certain is that he's a significantly better footballer than anyone currently playing for Brighton & Hove Albion :)

Or we can check his bookings for...erm...diving?

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Its all just fun and games right? Don't be such a bore.

Is it next season already?

I'm surprised you're back so soon. Palace have always had such a good record in the past with regards to keeping promises and fulfilling obligations...

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Because as we all know, referees never ever make mistakes like Mr. Kavanagh did last week. Mariappa even said that he'd definitely fouled Wilf in the box and that it should've been a penalty. :ffsparr:

You can't mention that mistake, if it were one, and ignore the two that should have meant Wilf wasn't even on the pitch by then: the first half dive and the studs up on the keeper that could have been a straight red by itself.

He was a lucky boy last week.

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013
You can't mention that mistake, if it were one, and ignore the two that should have meant Wilf wasn't even on the pitch by then: the first half dive and the studs up on the keeper that could have been a straight red by itself.

He was a lucky boy last week.

The first half "dive"? Strange, I could've sworn that shirt pulling in the box was considered a foul. This was yet another game where Zaha's Palace side should have been awarded two penalties and yet recieved none. If VAR comes in, expect Palace to score an extra 10 goals per season.

0070914785.97ff5e4298e70d2269f2b68eddf6a02b946bd177e172b9af78726e3bdfa8571c.wm-preview-450.jpg

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Only one of two possibilities exist:

A) Wilf Zaha is not a cheat. Officials cannot track his mazy runs using mortal eyes and he is repeatedly booked, unfairly, for diving because he is black and looks like Duane Dibley.
B) Wilf Zaha is a cheat.

Option a requires a conspiracy involving multiple first class referees who want nothing more than to ban Wilf because he is so much better than anyone else and they want to level things up.

Option B requires Wilf Zaha falling over and claiming a penalty.

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013
Only one of two possibilities exist:

A) Wilf Zaha is not a cheat. Officials cannot track his mazy runs using mortal eyes and he is repeatedly booked, unfairly, for diving because he is black and looks like Duane Dibley.
B) Wilf Zaha is a cheat.

Option a requires a conspiracy involving multiple first class referees who want nothing more than to ban Wilf because he is so much better than anyone else and they want to level things up.

Option B requires Wilf Zaha falling over and claiming a penalty.

Why would you mention the colour of his skin? This isn't the first time you've done this.

Either way, those aren't the only two options. The actual case is that he's a player who likely has the quickest feet in the Premier League which leads him to be fouled very often. Most defenders simply aren't able to stop him fairly, and so take the risk of stopping him by illegal means. Referees often spot this and award penalties, but can't get every decision right and also miss their fair share.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Compared to clubs like Arsenal, Liverpool etc, very much so.

Ah yes, the elite. Those with a sense of entitlement and a scant disregard for any club outside their clique. Those that are constantly in the spotlight and generating revenue from the whole universe rather than on a more localised level. Those that have created a ' them and us ' attitude amongst the whole of the rest of football and a divide that they are determined that no one else will bridge. Those that can only buy the cream of players to add to their glittering squads.
These clubs are the enemy. Much more so than Palace. Don't show any support or semi-allegiance to any of them. Just wish them ill-will all the time and laugh at their occasional moments of misfortune. Don't ever feel sorry for them cos they sure as hell don't feel sorry for you. They are here to grind the rest of us down and f..k the rest of football.

miffy6

Mar 7, 2009
I find it very odd that for such a prolific diver, no footage of him actually diving exists anywhere on the internet. If you can find some footage of Zaha going down without any contact being made, I'd love to see it.

Until then, the only thing we can say for certain is that he's a significantly better footballer than anyone currently playing for Brighton & Hove Albion :)

Does this count?

ZAHA-DIVE_18894a42afcc1fbc5.gif

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here