Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are there some cracks beginning to show?

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Dinner at dinner time & tea at tea time .

I thought the definition of working class was "having a television bigger than your bookcase ".

I thought the definition of working class was "Having 3 cars, Satellite dish that's bigger than NASA owns, 2 sofas and a washing machine in the front garden" #stereotype

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
No way. That is grotesque. Her talent is what, exactly? Being a greiving/negligent parent? Who next? The tearful grandparents of Baby P?

Get a grip and stop being so Daily Mail people.If you bother to read the link she's an ambassador for a missing persons choir which might appear on BGT.

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
Am predicting the majority of judge,jury and executioner brigade on here have never had kids (Petunia excepted).

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
unattended 3 year old.

Or swallow a coin?

My eldest daughter (aged 3) did just that and i was unaware and sat right beside her on the sofa,it was only when she started turning blue that instinct made me pick her up turn her upside down and bang her back,out came a coin 1 or 2 pence,cannot remember now,but this was about the same time as this all happened and well.....she is now 19 in may.

Tragic and needless-i have nothing further to contribute to this thread-

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
No risk at all then.

No, he's a perfectly healthy 46 year old now.

Do you think Ben Needham's grandparents should have been prosecuted? It's worth noting that no police force or social worker has tried to remove the other McCann children from the parents.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The gents at the Clock Tower is not somewhere I would frequent!! The ladies was quite clean, and had an attendant.

I was going to add 'TB notwithstanding' but decided this was implicit. Aplologies :lolol:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Get a grip and stop being so Daily Mail people.If you bother to read the link she's an ambassador for a missing persons choir which might appear on BGT.

I appreciate this is a serious thread by, me, Daily Mail ? :lolol:

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
No, he's a perfectly healthy 46 year old now.

Do you think Ben Needham's grandparents should have been prosecuted? It's worth noting that no police force or social worker has tried to remove the other McCann children from the parents.

I would not leave a four year old home alone or in a chalet alone. Chances are they will be fine, but I don't take chances where children are concerned.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I would not leave a four year old home alone or in a chalet alone. Chances are they will be fine, but I don't take chances where children are concerned.

It wasn't leaving them alone. If he hadn't gone off to sleep, we wouldn't have gone anywhere. The chalets were patrolled so if he'd woken up, we could be alerted within minutes. It worked for decades in many places.

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
It wasn't leaving them alone. If he hadn't gone off to sleep, we wouldn't have gone anywhere. The chalets were patrolled so if he'd woken up, we could be alerted within minutes. It worked for decades in many places.

We will have to disagree on the definition, I would say he/she/they were left alone.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Playing devil's advocate for a moment: Sarah Payne and her brothers were outside and well out of sight of their parents when she was abducted, but I'm not seeing the same degree of vitriol directed towards her parents...I've no idea what's gone on with Madeleine McCann, but to suggest that her parents have been more favourably treated because they're middle class seems slightly inaccurate. I only ever see the McCanns getting abuse from people- there are entire websites dedicated to the various conspiracy theories.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Playing devil's advocate for a moment: Sarah Payne and her brothers were outside and well out of sight of their parents when she was abducted, but I'm not seeing the same degree of vitriol directed towards her parents...I've no idea what's gone on with Madeleine McCann, but to suggest that her parents have been more favourably treated because they're middle class seems slightly inaccurate. I only ever see the McCanns getting abuse from people- there are entire websites dedicated to the various conspiracy theories.

I thought Sarah Payne was supposed to be at her grandparents, but what you say is true. I tried pointing this out when I mentioned Ben Needham who was playing in a field near his grandparent's house, as well.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here