Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Are the Albion becoming predictable and boring?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I know some will point out to the revord levels of goals, chances created, slick 30 pass moves and all round awesomeness of what we‘ve seen under RDZ, but there’s no LUMPING IT aimlessly from the keeper this season and frankly, it’s not good enough.

IMG_9425.jpeg

#RobertoOUT
#BloomOUT
#BarberOUT

Neil Warnock’s blue and white army

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
Any chance of a Warnock/Big Sam duo?

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Paul Heckingbottom post the Spurs v Sheff Utd game made a number of relevant comments.
Aside from the refs at WHite Hart Lane conspiracy theory.

He complained that when a side sets up to take a short goal kick, they need to briefly assess how the opposition is lining up before taking the goal kick and that the referees are not only unsympathetic, but also fail to understand why this is even an issue. Hasty bookings for time wasting on goal kicks can impact the game, so it is important that refs get this right.

In contrast Arsenal took over 30 seconds to take a corner on Sunday and the referee had no issue with this. I think it would be useful form them to take a look at this. No one wants to see time wasting, but there is a fine line between game management and time wasting and in some instances a little more flexibility would be beneficial.

Reactions: :J)

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
#Kicks OUT

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Top fishing?

We play top quality keep ball nowadays and now when I see other teams hoof it, I smugly say to myself, we're better than that.

Long may we reign top of the stats ...

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Too much FANNYING around. Get it up the pitch and let's let Lallana and Mitoma go and compete for some headers

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Paul Heckingbottom post the Spurs v Sheff Utd game made a number of relevant comments.
Aside from the refs at WHite Hart Lane conspiracy theory.

He complained that when a side sets up to take a short goal kick, they need to briefly assess how the opposition is lining up before taking the goal kick and that the referees are not only unsympathetic, but also fail to understand why this is even an issue. Hasty bookings for time wasting on goal kicks can impact the game, so it is important that refs get this right.

In contrast Arsenal took over 30 seconds to take a corner on Sunday and the referee had no issue with this. I think it would be useful form them to take a look at this. No one wants to see time wasting, but there is a fine line between game management and time wasting and in some instances a little more flexibility would be beneficial.
thats bollocks though isnt it. Its not a game of chess where you ponder about. Thats sour grapes from a manager of a team trying to waste time

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
We're very boring. A football match is two teams playing against each other, we don't seem to have grasped that concept. At Old Trafford for the second goal we just passed the ball amongst ourselves and eventually shoved it in the net. Where's the sport in that? We're basically a footballing version of the Harlem Globetrotters with the opposition teams reduced to bumbling patsies.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
I am not sure we should all wait while the keeper decides which centre-back to pass to. If the keeper can't make his mind up in a reasonable length of time then hoofing it may be the best bet. All fine margins I am sure - but I am not criticising refs for clamping down on what they see as time-wasting.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
I might be remembering this incorrectly (not the first time tbh) but when we played Leeds in an evening game at home in the early days at the Amex (CMS scored!) - I think Ankergren didn't kick a goal-kick long all game. Until injury time when he hoofed it and it came straight back and Leeds equalised. And that was the days when defenders were not allowed in the area.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Does anyone STILL shout "Get it forward FFS stop fannying about!" at the Amex?

:lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here