Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Are Dualit toasters worth the money?

faoileán

Jan 29, 2021
Worth every penny. I've had my Dualit 4 slice for at least 15 years, and have used it every day. The only issue I've had was when the dial wore about 5 years ago, but I got a replacement from Dualit no problem. That's the thing about them, every part can be replaced and so they won't be going into landfil after 18 months.

Their design is absolutely classic and like the Land Rover were made to take advantage of the post-war aircraft aluminium mountain Britain suddenly had.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I hope it doesn't disappoint, only taken [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] 3 years to decide :rave:

Yes and no.

Our existing (nearly 20-year old) toaster is still functional but getting less so all the time. The pop-up no longer works so I have to fish toast out with a knife and the browning settings only work occasionally. I was slightly loathe to replace something that was working, as I hope I said at some point above, but feel I can justify it now, particularly at this price.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Go on then, show us yours, Mr Grumpy.

Guess you missed all me smileys then f*ckwit? :kiss:

Just for you, I'll paint a verbal picture of me toaster: it's sort of silvery, with two slots in the top, black handle and little dial on the side. Insert bread in slots on top, pull handle down, wait a minute or two or maybe even three as per little dial and - hey presto! - up pops TOAST! Think it cost about £9.99 out of Argos :shrug:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Yes and no.

Our existing (nearly 20-year old) toaster is still functional but getting less so all the time. The pop-up no longer works so I have to fish toast out with a knife and the browning settings only work occasionally. I was slightly loathe to replace something that was working, as I hope I said at some point above, but feel I can justify it now, particularly at this price.

Did you ever buy that teeny tiny lickle dolls house telly?

Or do we have to wait 3 years for an update on that too.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
I see they're £120 again (with a wait).

Happy with your purchase, Bozza?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Dualit are alright, but not a patch on a Hatco

tk-105e.jpg

https://www.nisbets.co.uk/hatco-toast-king-conveyor-toaster/cn045?vatToggle=incvat&gclid=1&cm_mmc=PLA-_-1665275020-_-63901013906-_-CN045&cm_mmca1=go_1665275020_63901013906_321523756480_pla-855996094235_c_

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
It's because of threads like this that NSC should have its own voice recognition search engine.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Did you ever buy that teeny tiny lickle dolls house telly?

Or do we have to wait 3 years for an update on that too.

Yes, yes we did.

As predicted, it felt absolutely ginormous when we first got it, but doesn't any more. That said, I still don't think we'd want any bigger than 55".

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I see they're £120 again (with a wait).

Happy with your purchase, Bozza?

Indeed...

Finally taken the plunge as Amazon have them for £120 down from the £200 they are pretty much everywhere else

Link if anyone else wants to spend too much on a toaster > https://amzn.to/3vFE7Ki

...I had £50 worth of Amazon vouchers from Christmas, so it feels a good deal for £70 cash. It's not turned up yet, but I can see two other NSCers ordered one yesterday too. Anyone got theirs yet?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Yes, yes we did.

As predicted, it felt absolutely ginormous when we first got it, but doesn't any more. That said, I still don't think we'd want any bigger than 55".

If only you were warned about shrinkage. :whistle:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
As I said above, people were absolutely correct. But also as above, three months on, I'd not want a bigger one!

The heartbreak of tv shrinkage to a size requiring a bigger one is part of the buying 'experience'.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Worth every penny. I've had my Dualit 4 slice for at least 15 years, and have used it every day. The only issue I've had was when the dial wore about 5 years ago, but I got a replacement from Dualit no problem. That's the thing about them, every part can be replaced and so they won't be going into landfil after 18 months.

Their design is absolutely classic and like the Land Rover were made to take advantage of the post-war aircraft aluminium mountain Britain suddenly had.

We also found replacing parts (filaments IIRC in our case) easy with them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here