Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] Apple

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012
OK so after the latest one tell me how you can just use the browser the same as before. you can't they've just made it explode everywhere, it's crap. Why change it? It worked.

Ah ok I’m with you on that. Hasn’t broken my phone though.

Why on earth put the search/address bar at the bottom!? Crazy and unnecessary. Very awkward at first but used to it now though.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003

Why on earth put the search/address bar at the bottom!? Crazy and unnecessary. Very awkward at first but used to it now though.

I immediately changed that back to being at the top of the page.

Settings - Safari - scroll down to Tabs - Select single tab rather than tab bar

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
Having the same issues as the OP with my ticket for tonight.
Tried on 14.7, 14.8 and 15.

Opens a safari link, tried to load the Albion website then instantly closes the page and takes me to the last website I visited. Extremely frustrating

Vicar!

Jul 22, 2003
Worthing
Pretty much the same here. Click on link in the email and it takes me to my last google search. I have changed the setting as above, no difference. Calling supporter services, 'Call back later'. Any other solutions?

Leosayer

Aug 25, 2011
Kent
Pretty much the same here. Click on link in the email and it takes me to my last google search. I have changed the setting as above, no difference. Calling supporter services, 'Call back later'. Any other solutions?

same here -very annoying

Vicar!

Jul 22, 2003
Worthing
OK everyone there is an issue with Apple phones at the moment, the club are working on a solution as we speak. Please try the link again later today. If no solution is found by 3PM call club for an update, and could first person through please update this posting, and make Oliver's day a little brighter.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
The Club are going to love being part time tech support for Apple users. Plastic cards do have some advantages.

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol

I'm not an apple user so haven't seen it, but in theory this sounds sensible - closer to your thumb so you don't have to reach up to the top of the screen. But I imagine it's difficult to get used to when the address bar has always been at the top.

Incidentally, one of the reasons I don't like using Apple/iOS is the placement of (or lack of) the 'back' button. It may sound pretty minor, bit it's infuriating having to reach up to the top left of screen with your right thumb every time you want to go back, especially on the bigger phones. So so much easier with Android, and the fact that it's built in to the operating system means that you can still use it regardless of what is built in the app.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Same as ever here - seamless update with no issues.

Just checked wallet and my Swansea ticket is sitting there available to use, same as each ticket for the league games thus far this season.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Incidentally, one of the reasons I don't like using Apple/iOS is the placement of (or lack of) the 'back' button. It may sound pretty minor, bit it's infuriating having to reach up to the top left of screen with your right thumb every time you want to go back, especially on the bigger phones. So so much easier with Android, and the fact that it's built in to the operating system means that you can still use it regardless of what is built in the app.

iOS doesn't have an OS-level back button though, and never has.

I have a vague recollection of my brief time using Android and there are some OS-level controls, including a back button, but iOS doesn't have one.

The back button in Safari is bottom left.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Was gonna update today... Will wait till after the game tonight.. Cheers for the heads up!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
OK everyone there is an issue with Apple phones at the moment, the club are working on a solution as we speak. Please try the link again later today. If no solution is found by 3PM call club for an update, and could first person through please update this posting, and make Oliver's day a little brighter.

Had you followed the club's instructions to do some sort of ticket refresh BEFORE updating to iOS 15?

This >>> https://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?390301-STH-with-iPhones-iOS-15

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
Had you followed the club's instructions to do some sort of ticket refresh BEFORE updating to iOS 15?

This >>> https://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?390301-STH-with-iPhones-iOS-15

Yup did all that - and did it before upgrading to 14.8 and 15.0.
My Arsenal ticket is sitting there fine but cannot for the life of me get the Swansea ticket onto my wallet. Just goes to safari to open a ‘fortress’ brightonandhovealbion website and just instantly closes it and goes back to my last opened webpage on Safari.

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here