Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Apple iPhone wins prestigious award

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
So basically my opinion differs from yours, and so you've labelled it as 'somewhat bizarre' as a result. :shrug:

In my opinion it is bizarre that anyone other than a corporate email monkey would wilfully choose a Blackberry over an iPhone, yes.

I don't geddit.

Rusthall Seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Tunbridge wells
No I was sensible enough to bring one, but they spent the entire evening surfing the web and annoying the f*** out of me with the things. Then amazingly the space age products ran out of juice when one of them actually wanted to make a phone call:shrug:

maybe it isn't the iphone that is the problem ?

burrish-gull

Mar 24, 2009
I think the real pressing issue here is what sort of MAN BAG do you keep your iPhone in?

Just like Clapham-Gulls,

m_gola_redford_bag_blackwhite.jpg

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Spent last weekend camping with some mates, they all had bloody i-phones. Come sunday morning one of them asked me 'can I borrow your phone mate?':lolol:

To be fair, that sounds like a BRILLIANT time. :jealous:

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
I have been completely transparent in all my arguments, and have admitted the iPhones' lack of features. Hardly blinkered.

Ok maybe I was a bit harsh, you are not as blinkered as MYOB is.

I have a Crackberry (work) and a iPhone both on o2. As a phone the iPhone isn't a patch on the crackberry, iPhone frequently looses signal, texts take hours to arrive on occasions, I can have it sat on my desk at work in central London yet still calls go direct to voicemail. I don't have any of these problems with my Crackberry despite it being on the same network.

However as a platform the iPhone is awesome. I agree with you about web browsing it's probably the best handheld device I've used. Flash support will never come so it's not even worth arguing about. Video playback sites and my bookmakers are about the only people still using flash anyway so I don't see it as an issue (video playback will be like pulling teeth on a cellular network so you'd need to be over WiFi, if you are over WiFi use your laptop!).

I also prefer the email interface to the Crackberry's and think the visual voicemail is cracking (when it works).

Battery life is another big negative though which is what will prevent it really cutting into RIM's share of the business market. I don't use my iPhone that heavily during the day yet it still requires a charge every evening, however my crackberry which does get allot of use during the day will go 3 days no problem before it starts to die. I travel about quite a bit and it's a pain in the arse having to take a charger everywhere you go.

My contract is up in January and I probably won't be upgrading to 3Gs, certainly won't at the prices they are currently. That said Orange and Vodaphone coming on board can make them only go one way.

burrish-gull

Mar 24, 2009
haha no word of a lie I have one of them exactly that colour. its full of old paint brushes in my garage though.

I shit you not, if you take it up to Camden market (with the paint brushes in it) you'll make £50 no problem, some retro, media, I-Phone type will snap it up

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
I shit you not, if you take it up to Camden market (with the paint brushes in it) you'll make £50 no problem, some retro, media, I-Phone type will snap it up

and you cannot give Head bags away, proper lads bags. There is something wrong with this world.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Jealousy is such an ugly trait.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here