Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone want to credit poyet for last night?

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
The 'negativity' was surely down to circumstance though? No fit right back so rather then a square peg in a round hole with el-abd @ RB, he changed the shape. Hammond & crofts together were to counter their physicality, wing backs to give the width and two up top - yes, two - which most people have wanted all season, including some who've wanted Buckley to be one if them. It didn't work, we conceded, he changed it - it paid off.

This is the point I'm making - rather than crediting the admission of a weakness and a positive change to rectify it, some would rather focus on the initial 'mistake', which looks to me to have been forced by injuries rather than an inherent negativity. But I suppose I'm a blind happy clapping poyet licker.

k2bluesky

Sep 22, 2008
Brighton
Think it had more to do with the players on the pitch than any 4-4-2 /3-5-2 formation stuff, Kaz was the only player with the balls to take them on and inspired the rest to rise to the challenge, the rest looked intimidated by the Millwall players size and close marking.
As said earlier not to start with the 2 high quality wingers we have is criminal, if Kaz can only last 60 mins, make it the first 60 so we have a chance of taking the lead for once, then we can play the possession stuff (although against the top teams we just aren't good enough too). I loved seeing all the attacking players out there, certainly put Millwall on the back foot and made for a good last 30 mins, after that terrible first half.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
The 'negativity' was surely down to circumstance though? No fit right back so rather then a square peg in a round hole with el-abd @ RB, he changed the shape. Hammond & crofts together were to counter their physicality, wing backs to give the width and two up top - yes, two - which most people have wanted all season, including some who've wanted Buckley to be one if them. It didn't work, we conceded, he changed it - it paid off.

This is the point I'm making - rather than crediting the admission of a weakness and a positive change to rectify it, some would rather focus on the initial 'mistake', which looks to me to have been forced by injuries rather than an inherent negativity. But I suppose I'm a blind happy clapping poyet licker.

Totally agree with everything you have said on this thread. If there was a like button I would have liked all over you.

Talking sense will always receive a luke warm reception on here, but you are talking sense and I like it.

Also worth pointing out that Millwall are in the top six, not exactly a pushover side like so many seem to think they should be.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here