Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Anyone tried a "Yes day"? #DadsNet

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
As a child of the 70’s and 80’s we weren’t given any choice in activities except possibly on our birthdays but that was a pretty limited choice.

Days out were usually Dad’s choice. Steam museums etc. luckily he also liked outdoors stuff like canoeing and walking, which I enjoyed.

But no, we had no choice. If we had behaved we might, MIGHT get some crisps and a coke at the pub on the way home. While father had a few pints and then drove us home.

I am very glad kids don’t have to endure such shite days out and are listened to more by adults now.

But a “yes day” is too far in the other direction, I think.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
As a child of the 70’s and 80’s we weren’t given any choice in activities except possibly on our birthdays but that was a pretty limited choice.

Days out were usually Dad’s choice. Steam museums etc. luckily he also liked outdoors stuff like canoeing and walking, which I enjoyed.

But no, we had no choice. If we had behaved we might, MIGHT get some crisps and a coke at the pub on the way home. While father had a few pints and then drove us home.

I am very glad kids don’t have to endure such shite days out and are listened to more by adults now.

But a “yes day” is too far in the other direction, I think.
Or Mum's choice. Meaning countless Stately Homes, where we couldn't wait to get round to the gift-shop on the way out. And we could buy maybe a pencil or something cheap like that.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Or Mum's choice. Meaning countless Stately Homes, where we couldn't wait to get round to the gift-shop on the way out. And we could buy maybe a pencil or something cheap like that.
My kids still moan about the scrap yards I took them to looking for car parts :wink:

Almost as much as they moan about a Saturday out at the Priestfield.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Haha yes. My mother tried to convince me I wanted to start a pencil sharpener collection 😂

The Pilsbury Echo

Dec 30, 2015
"Daddy, can I go on the Shed End forum and tell them all to feck off please?:
"YES, of course you can Tarquin but you may as well say it on the Brilliant North stand chat forum because most of them are on there being silly Billies."

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
It’d be more useful to send them off to do a menial labour job for a day, no special treatment. Graft.

When they come falling through the door at 8pm they’ll realise everyday is a Yes day for kids and they’ll be more grateful for their parents.

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
I thought it was a good idea at first

So far I’ve agreed to all Europa League aways, next years Belgian and Austrian Grand Prix’, England’s tour of India, The 2024 Euros and an eat in Maloncho’s tonight.

Thanks a feckin lot!

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
Did it on holiday last year with a then 14 year old, and didn't tell her we were doing it. It was actually good fun and meant we did things we normally might not have done or ate places we might not have, but enjoyed. Wasn't particularly expensive compared to any other day on holiday and while she twigged by the end of the day we kept it going the second day and she kept it relatively tame in the hopes of having it going on longer. I'd totally recommend it. There was a lot of joy for me in seeing how happy she was, and something liberating for us that for 48 hours we were fully in her world, rather than the usual overlaps and compromises of ours and hers.

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
Being a married man with two young kids I don't get many 'Yes' days. Occasionally get a 'If you're quick' day which to be honest is a given anyway 😜

emphyrian

May 25, 2004
Woodingdean
Have done this several times with my kids. Its important to set a budget though as its easy for them to go new xbox/playstation etc.

We've done cinema, bowling, pier and rides, theme park, shopping (they decided how much of the budget was to be spent on each of them) and different meals for lunches and dinners.

great days

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here