Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Anyone tried a "Yes day"? #DadsNet

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Having just stumbled across the tweet (X post) below, and being previously aware of the film, I think this is a good thing.

I like the idea of not telling them though because. with a 13-y-o, if he knows in advance it's only going to get silly.

Anyone done it? How did it go?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Having just stumbled across the tweet (X post) below, and being previously aware of the film, I think this is a good thing.

I like the idea of not telling them though because. with a 13-y-o, if he knows in advance it's only going to get silly.

Anyone done it? How did it go?

Go to bed, you silly sausage x

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
How does this work if you have more than one sibling?

Child A (Yes child) asks for McDonald’s and gets it. Child B asks and gets diddly-squat.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
I quite liked the girl in the film
IMG_0719.jpeg

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Fack that.

Affy

Silent Assassin
Aug 16, 2019
Sussex by the Sea
I’ve done this with my 2 boys. We usually do it around their birthday but we do tell them and we set a budget for the day.

Last one we did was something like:
Pancakes for breakfast
To the park
To the beach
Bus to town
McDonald’s lunch
Daddy to walk home (mummy and kids on the bus)
Amazon shopping
Film of their choice
Pizza
Computer games
Later bedtime

Was actually a really good day. Giving them a limit and sticking to bedtime etc helped.
My boys are nearly 8 & 6 so young enough that they don’t have the huge imagination. But it’s something we’ve done for a couple of years now and will continue to do as long as they want to.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Becoming a 7 year old girls step-dad years ago, I often found saying yes a lot simpler than saying no. Not only did I not want to be the evil step dad, but saying yes caused far fewer tantrums and rarely put me out anyway.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here