Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone seen this.....

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
In the Play off 2nd leg, we were drowned out when they sang that. I was hugely impressed at the time and wasn't standing there thinking 'How tinpot putting the words on the screen' I was thinking 'Kin Hell, When was the last time I was in an atmosphere like this? I said it at the time but the way Derby have the away fans plonked in the middle of 2 sections who sing really helps the atmosphere and the way the club was together is something we could learn from.

For what its worth, Put the words on the screen. I went to my first Albion game in 1982. I don't know the words. I can't be the only one.

This, 100%

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
They were in a winning position in play-off second leg at a sold out stadium, ANY club would have a good atmosphere at a game like that !!

They probably didnt even need the words, their loud fanbase didnt need any when they came to the Amex and outsung us.....

Ive said enough on this now, i simply cannot be bothered to reply anymore. Its a crap idea - end of.

Disagree, why not at least give it a try?

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
I've had a THINK, and here is my suggestion:

As the team runs out FIRST half: PA plays the intro, then fades. Words up on the screens.

SECOND half: PA plays intro, then fades. No words on screens.

When we reach the point where the second half version (without the words up) is sung as well as the first, then we'll know that everybody who wants to learn them has done so, and we can stop putting them up at all.

Sorted.

Next.

Good idea

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Can't see it working myself , the away fans will be in fits when they see 'gay' on the screen.:rolleyes:

Have you thought that it might actually disarm them? I think the problem is theirs, not ours-don't you?

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Have you thought that it might actually disarm them? I think the problem is theirs, not ours-don't you?

Oh yes it's their problem, if the words do go up though I just hope the gay line doesn't encourage homophobic chanting.

Sussaxon

Mar 19, 2014
Sussex
I'm personally all up for the Words on the Screen!

I wish the club would bring the chorus back to their version they use, rather than just the 1st verse and the refrain!
It's my favourite part of the whole anthem!!!!

For we're the men from Sussex, Sussex by the Sea.
We plough and sow and reap and mow,
And useful men are we;
And when you come to Sussex, whoever you may be,
You can tell them all that we stand or fall
For Sussex by the Sea!

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I'm personally all up for the Words on the Screen!

I wish the club would bring the chorus back to their version they use, rather than just the 1st verse and the refrain!
It's my favourite part of the whole anthem!!!!

For we're the men from Sussex, Sussex by the Sea.
We plough and sow and reap and mow,
And useful men are we;
And when you come to Sussex, whoever you may be,
You can tell them all that we stand or fall
For Sussex by the Sea!

Plenty of ploughing going on up your way :)
Sometimes I mow the grass.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Oh yes it's their problem, if the words do go up though I just hope the gay line doesn't encourage homophobic chanting.
If the moronic element are intent on homophobic chanting they'll do it whether the wordgay appears on screen or not.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here