Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone here work for Stagecoach?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
no, the vouchers operate from worthing to seaford and to the north, haywards heath as stated earlier in this thread

Sorry just checked the maps and you are right obviously they extended the boundaries when we moved to The Amex as it was from Shoreham when at Withdean and you had to buy a train ticket from Worthing to Shoreham.

seagull phil

Aug 8, 2010
worthing
hi being a ex stagecoach worker not surprised this is still happerning.when the bus travel first came out we were told to charge 2 pound per person and issue a ticket than the next week were told to charge half fare so no driver was sure than when you went through the machine it used to tell you to yake 2 pound off a return fare.we never had a message from the football club explaining what the voucher was for and stagecoach were no better.in the end most drivers who i spoke 2 i advised just to charge 2 pound most were worried they would be money down when they paid in which after 2 weeks comes out your wages.told them to put tickets in envelope n pay in safe n take it off what u pay in.stagecoach were slow back than n can see they r the same now.please dont blame the drivers they are doing what STAGECOACH are telling them which is not a lot plus u dont get time to read the voucher plus u wont get any patience from passengers as they are local n will stick up for driver.sorry to person who driver was rude 2 but perhaps he had had a long day no driver likes doing saturdays as not all passengers are nice even brighton fans.hope this helps

Chris0979

Sep 16, 2011
Worthing, Sussex
Anymore news about this?

Don't like the idea of someone throwing a ticket back at me.

He might of had a bad day but no reason to be rude, I know bus driving is a pain in the a*&e as my best mate is a bus driver.

If what the man from stagecoach is saying is true then it is the drivers fault and also the managers fault for not ensuring they are briefed.

At my work we have to sign to say we have understood all new notices and briefs for the month.

Chris0979

Sep 16, 2011
Worthing, Sussex
Sorry just checked the maps and you are right obviously they extended the boundaries when we moved to The Amex as it was from Shoreham when at Withdean and you had to buy a train ticket from Worthing to Shoreham.

You still have to buy a train ticket from Worthing to Shoreham..... But the bus travel is included from Worthing!

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
this is what i got back

I would like to send you a couple of notices so that if you should have any problems in the future, you can present the notice to the driver!

Please accept my apologies once again, but we are making every effort to effectively resolve this situation.

Please e-mail me your address so that you can have copies of the notices.

Did you show the driver the notice that he sent you?

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
Did you show the driver the notice that he sent you?

Never bothered with it mate I'd had enough of the whole situation to be honest. After emailing about the balding cock who luzzed my ticket back at me I got a response something along the lines of 'we take this sort of incident very strongly, please can you tell us what time it was, etc etc' and I just couldn't be bothered. It was nearly the end of the season and I knew it wouldn't get me anywhere as from past experience I had seen it wasn't being taken very seriously. Will be interesting to see how the handle it this year although I desperately hope to avoid using that bus if at all possible!

Chris0979

Sep 16, 2011
Worthing, Sussex
Right we got the train from Falmer to Brighton and then got the 700 from Churchill Square to Worthing

I had no problems getting on the bus but there were already Brighton fans on the bus.

My mate asked the driver if she knew about the tickets and she said she had no idea!

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
Right we got the train from Falmer to Brighton and then got the 700 from Churchill Square to Worthing

I had no problems getting on the bus but there were already Brighton fans on the bus.

My mate asked the driver if she knew about the tickets and she said she had no idea!

That was me, the Doris driving the bus didn't have a clue, she said (and I quote) "It looks official enough, and I've heard we're doing something with Brighton and Hove Albion, I assumed you know what your doing"!!!!

I think we need to clarify the situation, or certainly the club does. They can't spend money on contracts with bus companies to subsidize transport, only for those companies to not filter that information down....can they??

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
I witnessed a Cardiff fan and his young son dressed in colours boarding a no.25 bus after the game. The dad asked for 1 and a half back into town and the driver was just about to charge him when I said 'no, you don't pay its included in your match ticket! Drivers are bloody clueless. also the club need to get the message out to away fans that travel is included.

The screamer

NSC's biggest geek
Apr 2, 2010
Portsmouth
I witnessed a Cardiff fan and his young son dressed in colours boarding a no.25 bus after the game. The dad asked for 1 and a half back into town and the driver was just about to charge him when I said 'no, you don't pay its included in your match ticket! Drivers are bloody clueless. also the club need to get the message out to away fans that travel is included.

Away fans? make the little rats pay!

D

Deleted User X18H

I was running late last night so when I got home I checked on line and noticed that a number 14 from Church Of The Good Shepherd got me to Brighton Station quicker than the next train from PP.
When I got on the driver 'don't think you can use that on this one mate" I asked
why (quite calmly) " well it don't to the football does it" He then spent five minutes showing off like a girl and contacting 'X- Ray' who told him it was quiet valid . I missed the train but made kick-off. But boy is Roger French going to get an email tomorrow er today.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
I know a Stagecoach driver. He said they all knew and they had to tear a bit off the ticket....I told him we now use Smart Cards.

Oh. He will bring this to managements attention.

Chris0979

Sep 16, 2011
Worthing, Sussex
I got this email from Stagecoach today

Thank you for your e-mail, which has been forwarded to us by our Customer Service Team.

As yet we have had no confirmation from B&H Albion on how the new travel scheme will work, our Commercial Department have e-mailed B&H to get the information.

We will be in touch as soon as we have had a reply from them.

Last edited:

SI 4 BHA

Nov 12, 2003
westdene, brighton

Got the 29 to the Swan before the game and the driver sorry mate, you need the paper voucher! Was about to argue then he said, "Only kidding mate, on you get!" nice one!

Chris0979

Sep 16, 2011
Worthing, Sussex
Stagecoach are aware of the new scheme, and we have asked them to remind their drivers of this ahead of tomorrow's match. If you have any issues, please advise us of the service/driver and we will take this up with them if necessary, but we do expect this to work fine.

Got this message from "Insider" on Ask the Club part of NSC

Afternoon Chris

We have now found out how the travel scheme will work. You will now just show driver your match day ticket, season ticket or pass then the drivers will issue a ticket. The most westerly you can travel is to Worthing Town Centre or Henfield.

Hopefully we will not have the same problems as last year, notices will be going up with information for the drivers.

And just got this from Stagecoach

Last edited:

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Can anyone advise what Stagecoach bus number y'all is referring to? And whereabouts you get dropped off in relation to the Amex?

I clicked on the PDF link earlier on this thread and it seems to be a broken link...

Chris0979

Sep 16, 2011
Worthing, Sussex
I get the 700 into Churchill Square and then train from Brighton Station or you can get a Brighton and Hove bus to the stadium (25 goes to the Uni)

Just walk down to the coast road and jump on the 700 and hopefully we will have no problems!

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
Neither Stagecoach or Brighton & Hove Buses have any excuse for not knowing how the scheme works. The free travel scheme has been running with the same boundaries since we first moved to Withdean. This isn't a new scheme that started with the opening of Falmer.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
Neither Stagecoach or Brighton & Hove Buses have any excuse for not knowing how the scheme works. The free travel scheme has been running with the same boundaries since we first moved to Withdean. This isn't a new scheme that started with the opening of Falmer.

I'm assuming the issue has arisen due to the change from paper based travel vouchers to the new smart cards. I get the impression that Stagecoach have been looking at them and shrugging their shoulders!! But I do agree, the amount of money that presumably been spent on the travel by the club should indicate to Stagecoach how much of a job they should be undertaking. It should be the responsibility of the bus company management to be filtering this down to the drivers as clearly as possible.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here