Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone going to Lewes saturday

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
It is £6 a mile.

I spoke to someone at Lewes yesterday, and as of then, they were about 300 tickets sold short of capacity.

So, at an average of £16 per ticket x 2,000, that's gate receipts of £32,000. Darlington's travel expenses are about £3,600. Then there's the cost of staging the match, the referee's expenses, the 10% to the FA, VAT etc. Lewes will be lucky to get £6,000 out of this, especially as FA rules dictate that they are not allowed to have the bar open during the game - one of their bigger earners. No wonder they're not keen on any replay.

I think those that do go ought to stay behind long enough for the bar to open and attempt to drink it dry. It's the least you can do.

Last edited:

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
TLO: did your contact say how many away tickets had been sold?

Will be there with my 3 boys and a bunch of mates.

Probably have a drink in the Kings Head as it will be less busy (and nearer the ground).

I think you can still buy a pint in the Club bar and take it on the terrace during the game.

With a full stand behind the goal there will be much more atmosphere than at the Withdean.

LLLLeeeeeeewwwwwwwweeeeesssssss!!!!!

PG

Lewesian Seagull

Jul 13, 2003
Lewes
Peter Grummit said:
TLO: did your contact say how many away tickets had been sold?

Will be there with my 3 boys and a bunch of mates.

Probably have a drink in the Kings Head as it will be less busy (and nearer the ground).

I think you can still buy a pint in the Club bar and take it on the terrace during the game.

With a full stand behind the goal there will be much more atmosphere than at the Withdean.

LLLLeeeeeeewwwwwwwweeeeesssssss!!!!!

PG

No beer allowed on terrace for this game.:down:

Bar will shut before kick off and not re-open until after game.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Lewesian Seagull said:
No beer allowed on terrace for this game.:down:

because of FA rules I believe, does it mean that if Lewes do get promoted (ironic really if the ground is up to it but the playing side of things seem to be struggling this season) will Conference rules permit sales during the match ??? or will this hit the clubs profits on going up

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
ill be at WITHDEAN

Seagulls over Lewes

Jul 5, 2003
Rodmell
Gazwag said:
because of FA rules I believe, does it mean that if Lewes do get promoted (ironic really if the ground is up to it but the playing side of things seem to be struggling this season) will Conference rules permit sales during the match ??? or will this hit the clubs profits on going up

No beer on terrace if we go up.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
robbobhafc said:
i really dont understand why any1 would rather watch lewes than the team they support

I'd expect it to be a better day out than Brighton

local team with record crowd, first time at home in fa cup proper, standing up on the terraces, beer served at ground before kick off, very good pubs near by, change from Withdean..........

big game for Lewes

Last edited:

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by robbobhafc
i really dont understand why any1 would rather watch lewes than the team they support
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'd expect it to be a better day out than Brighton

local team with record crowd, first time at home in fa cup proper, standing up on the terraces, beer served at ground before kick off, very good pubs near by, change from Withdean..........

big game for Lewes

Last edited by maffew on 10-11-2006 at 09:25

Precisely!

Plus, if you live in Lewes or therabouts, you know there is a lot more community identity there than in B&H.

I take the view that it is more important for the Albion to win, but likely to be much more fun if Lewes do!

PG

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Gazwag said:
That Crippler bloke is a right dick, after his first post I found myself reading the rest in a caveman voice

I think the Darlo fans believe it to be a Hartlepool fan on the wind up

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here