Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone get the feeling gus was stitched up?

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
...all guesswork.......

Para 1) How do you work that one out?

Para 2) Subjective.....could very well be the other way round with a club where money is no problem.

Not really guess work - there would have been no pay out to GP had the club agreed to cancel his contract at the end of the season - why would there be? - if anything GP would have been liable to pay the club.

Agreed it is subjective regarding the effect the disciplinary hearing will have on GP's future career but history suggests that it will have little or none.

The bottom line is that GP wanted to leave at the end of the season and that is what he has done and is now a free agent.

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
The only thing that comes to mind, is that the only Premier League vacancy at that time was Reading.
And Gus thought he could probably just resign from the Albion job and get Reading out of paying the compo!
Hence it seemed to take Gus ages to decide wether or not to take the job, and of course, at that time Reading were virtually down, and we gave him permission to talk to Reading as well, so maybe the thought was that if the compo. was paid then we could move on and let him go. It just seemed to be the worst time to be speaking to another club about a management vacancy, when we were pushing back into the play-off postitions.
So after all the crap that must have gone on behind the scenes between March and the end of season, the only solution was to get Gus out of the club somehow, and try and begin again.

Hopefully we can now do so with Oscar and his new backoom team, and Gus will be kicking himself at the end of the season on what he has missed out on.

Gus should have just stuck to the "Five-year plan" and the extended contract he signed earlier in the year, and everything could have turned out so differently!

I know if I had been part of a continuing success, i would have stuck around properly till the end, and got my stripes that way, than trying to get up the ladder quicker with a new team entirely!

Thanks Gus for what you acheived in your 3 years here, and you certainly helped keep this football club in our minds when everything should have gone quiet for a bit!

But we now seem to have a potentially great manager, who is far more humble than you'll ever be, and will be taking us to the next level! :albion2:

A new BHAFC era begins now! (Well actually in about an hour's time!) The Palace play-off result is now consigned to history! Season 2013/14 A new beginning! Viva Garcia! Viva Albion!

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
A new BHAFC era begins now! (Well actually in about an hour's time!) The Palace play-off result is now consigned to history! Season 2013/14 A new beginning! Viva Garcia! Viva Albion!

Exactly.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here