Anyone flying in or out of Gatwick tonight?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Er, not if the runway's closed, which it has been for hours today. Either they divert the inbound flights elsewhere, cancel them or delay them at their point of origin.

Tomorrow you'll have lots of aircraft stuck elsewhere when they should be at Gatwick so it will still be a nightmare. Just heard EasyJet staff telling passengers whose flights they've cancelled that they have no availability anywhere till after Christmas. Bad times for people trying to get home.

Marty McFly

Seagulls Over Canada
Aug 19, 2006
La Pêche, Quebec
Er, not if the runway's closed, which it has been for hours today. Either they divert the inbound flights elsewhere, cancel them or delay them at their point of origin.

Tomorrow you'll have lots of aircraft stuck elsewhere when they should be at Gatwick so it will still be a nightmare. Just heard EasyJet staff telling passengers whose flights they've cancelled that they have no availability anywhere till after Christmas. Bad times for people trying to get home.

I believe that was the case yesterday. There was an announcement over the tannoy about it.

Looking forward to work on Weds :rolleyes:

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
What happens to planes trying to land in a situation like this then? Can they still do so?

Yes, but only if Edna runs down the runway with petrol soaked flaming rags, to guide in the aircraft, like Bruce Willis in Die Hard 2. :cheery:

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
I don't care about anyone elses flight. As long as mine takes off on time. Christ, I'll run in front of the plane with a blowtorch if need be.

bhafc2003

Oct 28, 2008
Dropped my friend up there at 3 o'clock he was supposed to be going to dublin, flight got cancelled so just been
Up there again to pick him up, as you can imagine he is not very happy

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I was at East Croydump waiting for a random train to arrive about 5.30 tonight. There was all these tourists really excited that a Gatwick-bound train was finally on the board. Didn't have the heart to tell them I'd just seen on Beeb's breaking news as I left work that LGW flights were suspended.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
LGW re-opened just before 8pm.

:clap2:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
EasyJet & Aer Lingus have still cancelled all their flights today though. A few landing now & a couple have taken off but that's it. Still thousands of pissed off passengers milling round and no EasyJet staff to tell them to go home.

That airline should be paying me commission after all the passengers I've dealt with today. Mind you, I did tell most of them the airline are absolute horseshit :lolol:

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
I am on an Easyjet flight home at tonight, due to land at 20.20 I think.
Not looking forward to a few hours wait and misery in Edinburgh airport. Ah well at least it's not the Eurostar

ps if anyone is drivng from Scotland back to BN1shire pm me :jester:

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
I am on an Easyjet flight home at tonight, due to land at 20.20 I think.
Not looking forward to a few hours wait and misery in Edinburgh airport. Ah well at least it's not the Eurostar

ps if anyone is drivng from Scotland back to BN1shire pm me :jester:
No snow balls on the beach Mendoza?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Hmmm, I don't start work till 1300 so no idea what's going on today but I was sure last night that today things would be warmer & aircraft would at least be
moving.

bathseagull

Apr 18, 2004
St. Anmore
Hmmm, I don't start work till 1300 so no idea what's going on today but I was sure last night that today things would be warmer & aircraft would at least be
moving.

Keep us informed Edna, supposed to flying on on Easyjet tomorrow morning 07:25...

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
I was on the cancelled Prague flight last night. Thousands of people in departure lounge, and like somebody said...NO EFFING EASYJET staff to be seen after cancellation. the few policemen there were acting as information personel. Apologies to rank and file EasyJet staff, this is something the management should pay more attention to, and doesnt reflect on you.
Told to rebook online, fine, if youre not staying with your mother who doesnt even know what the internet is, and the internet cafe at Gatwick had a football sized crowd surrounding it, but no EasyJet flights will be available till after xmas anyway.
Left the airport to head to Brighton and found that the trains were disrupted because of problem at Clapham.
Have managed to get flight out of Heathrow tomorrow (god willing), but ill never fly with Easyjet again, something I heard from many, many others out of sheer frustration as being abandoned with nobody to turn to, and having to find alternative flight (335 pounds one way to Prague!, but happy to get the last remaining seat) on your own a couple of days before Christmas.

Last edited:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Get what you pay for, like Ryanair.

If you wanted to be treated like a human in the event of problems, fly with a 'proper' airline.

If you want to get somewhere cheap, fly Easyjet, but don't cry when it goes wrong!

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
By the way, I have flown Easyjet and never had a problem, infact of the budget airlines they are prob one of the best.

However if its semi-important or whatever, I normally fly BMI out of LHR. Get what you pay for

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports