Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone ever been burgled/mugged/conned?

Lush

Mods' Pet
Nothing bad really. Nearly got done in Barcelona by the old con when one guy drops a load of change on the floor and while you're distracted and helping him pick them up another guy takes your wallet. Fortunately my other half was wearing unfashionably tight trousers!

Also had my purse taken from my bag in a kids clothes shop in Regents Street. I was working near there but I felt like a stupid tourist

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Shouldn't maybe say this but somebody tried to mug me at knife point in Texas a few years ago. Rightly or wrongly you can buy, quite legally over there, tasers and mace.

Silly twat got a faceful of mace which slowed him down a bit !

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Nope, although in my first year of uni every house on our street got done except for ours and our mates including the one in between the two houses.

Lucky we were friendly with the locals raelly.

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
i got ripped off by two white guys when i was working in a shop. i realised after it was probably an old scam but they did it so well...buying something cheap, one gives you a 20, the other then says to his mate, hey here's that quid i owe you, the other guy then grabs the 20 back and then is asking for change....errr, or something. i can't remember, its confused me again!

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
got 3 mobiles knicked , and a football training top , thats about it!

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
None of the above but did turn hero on the bus home in whitley when a black bloke tried to snatch a womans bag while he got off so i twatted the twat.:lolol: :lolol:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
alan partridge said:
i got ripped off by two white guys when i was working in a shop. i realised after it was probably an old scam but they did it so well...buying something cheap, one gives you a 20, the other then says to his mate, hey here's that quid i owe you, the other guy then grabs the 20 back and then is asking for change....errr, or something. i can't remember, its confused me again!
Remind me never to employ you in any shop of mine. You really do sound like Alan Partidge sometimes.
:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Kenhead

Oct 1, 2003
Brighton
as poke pointed out earlier in this thread, yeah i got mugged in amsterdam with to of my mates. we ended up tacking the wrong turning and went down this ally to find that it was a dead end and some bloke was behind us and told us to give him all our money. we didn't let it ruin the holiday though.

Jul 5, 2003
Manchester.
berkshire seagull said:
None of the above but did turn hero on the bus home in whitley when a black bloke tried to snatch a womans bag while he got off so i twatted the twat.:lolol: :lolol:

That alone is worth 10 pints, Well done, Any girl will feel safe with you :wave:

Burgled a couple of times in Walthamstow

and their's been three attempts at our present place, including blokes trying to kick our door at 4.00 in the morning...I just ran down stairs and Shouted

"will you f*** offfffffffffffffff"

which being nice boys they did.

Plod arrive about 30 minutes later and asked brialliantly " did you see them?"

mmmmmmmmmm I thought "through a wooden door" .

My best moment still was in Nottingham at a Anti racism concert. Some lads were hanging around the toilets basically mugging everyone. I was absolutely pissed on Merrydown, bladder full and ready to explode, they started to banter me, I was not given in, one bloke pulled out a knife, pointed it towards me. And I just calmly moved it away, and said look I ,ve told you I am dying for a piss, if you don't let me by I will f***ing piss all over your leg.

They moved away, I had a piss, realised what I done, sneaked out and ran.

LC!:ohmy:

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
London Calling 1 said:

Plod arrive about 30 minutes later and asked brialliantly " did you see them?"

mmmmmmmmmm I thought "through a wooden door" .

My best moment still was in Nottingham at a Anti racism concert. Some lads were hanging around the toilets basically mugging everyone. I was absolutely pissed on Merrydown, bladder full and ready to explode, they started to banter me, I was not given in, one bloke pulled out a knife, pointed it towards me. And I just calmly moved it away, and said look I ,ve told you I am dying for a piss, if you don't let me by I will f***ing piss all over your leg.

They moved away, I had a piss, realised what I done, sneaked out and ran.

LC!:ohmy:

lol, didn't you look through your spyhole?

i had a kind of similar drunk experience when some twat who was having a go at me in the 'what you looking at' witty comment mode, picked up a large stone and made to punch me in the face, stopping just before contact.

i was so pissed, and therefore my reactions were so slow, i didn't flinch, not even a blink before i realised what he'd done, i carried on deadpanning that i hadn't been 'looking at him'(can't they come up with anything else) and he f***ed off

Rambo

Don't Push me
Jul 8, 2003
Worthing/Vietnam
Wallet nicked in Rome by eastern European vagrants, italian police chased them down though and got it back for me, funnily enough they had been nicking other peoples money and putting it in my wallet - i think I was about £100 better off!!

Wallet nicked in Playa de Las Americas by two of the local hoodlums, we was on our way back to the hotel though at the end of the night, there was no money in my wallet! just our bloody safe key which cost us £25 to replace.

Car stereo nicked about 10 years ago from outside my house on Boxing day.

Thats about it really.

Dover

Home at Last.
Oct 5, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Mugged on the way to work last year, by the hospital entrance. Had no money, so he went.

Burgled two years ago. the flat was untidy before they broke in. Neighbours thought it was the Yellow Pages ad being refilmed.

I "lost" my wallet in Prague a few years ago.

At the time, I hadn't a clue how it had disappeared.

Several weeks later, I was at a meeting in Hove Town Hall, talking to a Hove councillor who had also been to Prague earlier in the year. I said that I'd had great time, apart from losing my wallet.

She then told a story about her husband losing his wallet to a pickpocket who was working from a wheelchair.

And then I suddenly remembered nearly crashing into a young lad in a wheelchair as I walked across the Old Town Square.

And I'd been so apologetic at the time!

:angry:

Incidentally, most successful pickpockets work the public transport system. If you ever find yourself boarding an underground train immediately behind someone who "changes their mind" about travelling on this particular train, so turns round and jumps off - you or someone near you has just lost something.

And it's no good checking your trouser pocket as the train disappears into the tunnel. Jump off the train with the guy who has just done the U-turn, congratulate him on his technique and you might just manage to negotiate your property back.

Otherwise, you've lost your wallet and - to top things off - you're soon going to get some grief about travelling without a ticket.

Which is when you realise how stupid you were to put your ticket in your wallet in the first place - in full view of everyone at the station.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here