Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone else think the girls may not have been 'forced' into cocaine trafficking in Peru?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
They did not know exactly what they were carrying but it had to be illegal,working in the dodgy clubs they would be given drugs over a period of time,eventually they would be given drugs to sell, having a supply they would use some rather than sell all of it, now they owe and cant pay so are given the chance of having their debt wiped off,Simple!

Have you ever been to Ibiza? That is not the case.

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905
Some of the papers have begun digging too and finding some facts that sit at odds with their explanations.

1. The Irish Independent were reporting yesterday that the Irish girl was 4000 Euros in debt and had been shuttling back and forth between the Ibiza and mainland Spain in the month leading up to her trip to Peru. She hadn't worked since July either.
2. The Mail, Mirror and Telegraph were all quoting neighbours of the Scots girl who said all she ever did was party all night every night then boast about the amount of ketamine she was taking. The bags under her eyes here are quite impressive
Melissa-Reid-2168168.jpg

She rarely worked during her time out there
3. The Mail also found the taxi driver who the girls hired for three days when in Lima, apparently getting him to take them to the posh shopping area of the city and spending huge amounts on jewellery, clothes and shoes. On no occasion were they chaperoned by somebody else.
4. There is also talk that the two had met before their ill-fated journey.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Pictures of them in Peru have surfaced. The families suggest they are staged to look like 'happy holiday makers'.

article-0-1B59D80F000005DC-672_634x469.jpg

article-0-1B59D8DB000005DC-385_634x468.jpg

Reid's father William Reid, from Glasgow, who has flown to Peru to be with his daughter, agreed the photos were ambiguous, but told the Mail: 'I want to know who took that picture of them on their balcony.

'Was it taken by a third person or by a minder, and who was drinking the beer?

He added: 'I believe the trip to the beach was part of a set-up that they asked them to smile to build up a portrayal of them as happy holidaymakers.

'Melissa said they had been told by the men that they weren't smiling enough in the pictures and they told them to look happier.

'I can only go by what I have been firmly told by the girls. The two girls' stories are very tight, very consistent, with a lot of detail and they seem to be telling the truth, as far as I can gauge.'

He added that Ms Reid had never shown an interest in going to Peru, and was already on her 'dream holiday', saying: 'To me, that suggests she was not there willingly.'

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Pictures of them in Peru have surfaced. The families suggest they are staged to look like 'happy holiday makers'.

article-0-1B59D80F000005DC-672_634x469.jpg

article-0-1B59D8DB000005DC-385_634x468.jpg

Those photos look like Ibiza or Majorca to me... not Peru... the beer glasses look to be San Miguel ones, and the blue bottled water are what most bars use

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Couldn't believe the size of that Jocko birds BANGERS as she went into court, shame she won't be able to flaunt them for 6 years

I'm wondering what she is smuggling in to the jail in them.....Remember, customs officers are trained to look at top lips...

Durlston

"Two grams please!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Couldn't believe the size of that Jocko birds BANGERS as she went into court, shame she won't be able to flaunt them for 6 years

I was thinking the same thing! That Melissa's got fat since she's been in custody since August - no opportunity to take drugs, skip meals and stay slim with the party lifestyle gone. I prefer the Northern Irish girl now.

Both fortunate to get such lenient sentences.

The Guvnor

Dec 16, 2013
They did not know exactly what they were carrying but it had to be illegal,working in the dodgy clubs they would be given drugs over a period of time,eventually they would be given drugs to sell, having a supply they would use some rather than sell all of it, now they owe and cant pay so are given the chance of having their debt wiped off,Simple!

Ibiza is nothing like that, it is the best place in the world as long as you look after yourself.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here