[Technology] Anyone else playing Wordle?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Ooh, just playing with new starter words, and noticed something odd...

On my iPad browser, I always keep the Wordle tab open, so I'm still pointing at powerlanguage.co.uk (I assume that was the original site). But if I open a new tab, that URL redirects me to the new page at https://www.nytimes.com/games/wordle/index.html

But, it's a DIFFERENT WORD! Guess I'll be playing two games each day, until the old site closes. :thumbsup::dunky:

A friend on Facebook commented on this earlier today because he and his wife had different words. They checked and realised there were two different urls, one had been redirected and the other hadn't.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
I have clicked on that link and the word is exactly the same as I got on the power of language site :shrug:

I got it in one this time though….

Odd. I'll check again tomorrow.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Par 4 for me (av 3.72)

Tricky German Wordle - four greens on my second guess and I still took six - gerade noch, indeed

I was astonished to get a 2 in the French Wordle today. It was sheer luck.

Le Mot (@WordleFR) #37 2/6

⬛⬛🟨⬛⬛
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

wordle.louan.me

The Brighton Bear

Come on Kylie, get a grip
May 3, 2010
Rottingdean
Wordle220215.png

I have removed a few people who haven't updated for a while.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
A friend on Facebook commented on this earlier today because he and his wife had different words. They checked and realised there were two different urls, one had been redirected and the other hadn't.

I’ve just discovered this as well. I struggled to do it in 6 today and responded to a friend on Facebook who had flunked it in 2.

Then somebody else commented “it depends which one you’re doing.”

If I Google wordle, it takes me to the NY times one, and I can’t see an alternative offered…..

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
My missus got me into Wordle and now we lie in bed with our phones trying to beat the other. (We're in our late 60s so it's clearly a substitute for sex.) Mrs GNT is a far more effective Wordle practitioner (systematic etc) than me and usually gets it in 3. I like f*cking about with random words and then getting it on the last opportunity. I'd definitely be relegation fodder in the NSC league table.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Average 4.27[/QUOTE]

do you think you should edit your post....quickly.

Last edited:

Dinner with Gotsmanov

NSC Patron
May 30, 2014
Worthing
Wordle 241 5/6 (AGAIN!!!!)

1. X Y X X X
2. X Y X X X
3. G X G Y X
4. G X G X X

Made a couple of silly schoolboy errors, so my awful run of form continues.

Streak 32. Average 4.03

indy3050

Jun 22, 2011
Wordle 241 2/6

⬜⬜🟨🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

A welcome 2! Was lucky to get the 4th letter as it ruled out basically everything else once you take out the eliminated letters.

Played 29
Max streak 23
Current streak 5
Average 3.90

Finch

Jul 21, 2009
New Zealand
I also got a welcome two.

Wordle 242 2/6

⬜🟩⬜⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

I burst out laughing because that was pure fluke. I was more focused on the extra letters I was adding in for this word and using vowels I hadn't in previous word, then they all flipped over green.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports