[Technology] Anyone else playing Wordle?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Chuffed with a 2 today
Streak now 54 not out
Average now 4.01

xGxYY
GGGGG

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
3 today.

I tend to think this is getting easy. Going to switch to hard mode.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Wordle 241 6/6

⬜��⬜⬜⬜
⬜����⬜⬜
⬜����⬜⬜
⬜����⬜⬜
⬜����⬜⬜
����������

Streak 38
Ave 4.09

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Another three today – bonus!

Ave: 4.00
Streak: 40

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Anyone else feel a bit "trapped" into using their regular starter words? Mine always give me a 4, but I know if I took a few risks I could get a 3 or a 6.

PNG image.png

zeemeeuw

Apr 8, 2006
Somerset
Wordle 241 3/6*

⬜🟨⬜⬜⬜
⬜🟩🟨⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Using count back I realised the switch to NYT has ghosted one of my games but I was able to work out it was a 4, so my corrected stats are:

55/55 3.76

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
I cleared the cookies etc from my phone without thinking about the consequences to my Wordle stat history which was completely wiped out.

On the plus side it did help me achieve this...:whistle:

Wordle 241 1/6

🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Bedsex

not my real name
Jan 29, 2009
Flitwick
Wordle 241 3/6

🟩🟩[emoji833][emoji833][emoji833]
🟩🟩[emoji833]🟨[emoji833]
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Finally a 3. Took a long time to get it despite a helpful start.

Streak 17, 100%, average 3.70

I think you might have taken the same route as me. It also took me a ridiculously long time to come up with the answer

Wordle 241 3/6*

🟩🟩[emoji833][emoji833][emoji833]
🟩🟩[emoji833]🟨[emoji833]
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Igzilla

Sep 27, 2012
Worthing
Me and my missus had the different word thing today as well. She got the easier NYT one in 3, I got the harder Powerlanguage one in 5

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Ooh, just playing with new starter words, and noticed something odd...

On my iPad browser, I always keep the Wordle tab open, so I'm still pointing at powerlanguage.co.uk (I assume that was the original site). But if I open a new tab, that URL redirects me to the new page at https://www.nytimes.com/games/wordle/index.html

But, it's a DIFFERENT WORD! Guess I'll be playing two games each day, until the old site closes. :thumbsup::dunky:

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants

On my iPad browser, I always keep the Wordle tab open, so I'm still pointing at powerlanguage.co.uk (I assume that was the original site). But if I open a new tab, that URL redirects me to the new page at https://www.nytimes.com/games/wordle/index.html

But, it's a DIFFERENT WORD! Guess I'll be playing two games each day, until the old site closes. :thumbsup::dunky:

You've got lucky there - every attempt to open the old power language site redirects me now. I understand the words were embedded in the coding on the old site so I guess the NYT have ditched that and have redone the word sourcing.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

I have clicked on that link and the word is exactly the same as I got on the power of language site :shrug:

I got it in one this time though….

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Just the one starter word for me and everyday I think I’ll try something different but don’t. Just like when I am in a curry house :smile:

When the word was CYNIC, my starter word (for the first time) was YEAST - it gave me the Y. That was sheer luck

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
When the word was CYNIC, my starter word (for the first time) was YEAST - it gave me the Y. That was sheer luck

Indeed, my starter word gave me no letters as did my second attempt yesterday. I was delighted to end up with 5 having got zilch in the first two!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports