Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] Anyone else playing Wordle?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Got a lucky 3 on my first one yesterday. A guess at a word I wasn’t sure was a word, that paid off.

I figured those characters are normally named after an actual thing, like Morse. Educated guess though so we’ll see how I get on. Today’s was a blow out.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
3rd attempt today,
Last letter correct on one.
2nd go i got the 4th letter in the wrong place,
then took a punt on attempt 3.
Bingo, (that's not the word BTW)

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Got a lucky 3 on my first one yesterday. A guess at a word I wasn’t sure was a word, that paid off.

I figured those characters are normally named after an actual thing, like Morse. Educated guess though so we’ll see how I get on. Today’s was a blow out.

Yesterday’s is an actual word as well as a character name in a book. I think the puzzle setters don’t give words to here they are only proper nouns of fictitious characters (or even proper nouns at all?).

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Yesterday’s is an actual word as well as a character name in a book. I think the puzzle setters don’t give words to here they are only proper nouns of fictitious characters (or even proper nouns at all?).

That’s what I figured. I thought of the word and knew that most authors name these characters for something so gave it a go and it paid off.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
I think it’s had a double in 3 of the last 10 and no it won’t add the other letter until you use it. Confused the hell out me the first time too.

First time I came across this it threw me completely.

Razzoo

Sep 11, 2011
N. Yorkshire
Wordle 197 4/6

⬜⬜��⬜⬜
��⬜��⬜��
⬜⬜������
����������
A four

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
That’s what I figured. I thought of the word and knew that most authors name these characters for something so gave it a go and it paid off.

If you make an entry that is not a word, it just won’t accept it so you lose nothing :thumbsup:

That’s what I did for Rebus yesterday as I couldn’t think of a single other word on what I had already. Looked it up afterwards, I had no idea what it meant until then. Rebus was a desperate guess and I figured if it wasn’t a word it would not count as an entry.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Got it in 3 today. Got lucky with my guesses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
If you make an entry that is not a word, it just won’t accept it so you lose nothing :thumbsup:

That’s what I did for Rebus yesterday as I couldn’t think of a single other word on what I had already. Looked it up afterwards, I had no idea what it meant until then. Rebus was a desperate guess and I figured if it wasn’t a word it would not count as an entry.

That’s correct, which is handy.

Normski1989

Apr 15, 2015
Hove
Done todays in 3. Had all the correct letters on attempt 2, but the 4th and 5th the wrong way around!

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south

My 3rd guess yesterday was resus, never heard of rebus until I looked it up after. Great game though.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
A question for those who have been playing some time: how often do Q, X and Z appear? Very rarely or are they slipped in reasonably often to confuse things?

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
A question for those who have been playing some time: how often do Q, X and Z appear? Very rarely or are they slipped in reasonably often to confuse things?
I can't remember them. Maybe a single appearance between them or maybe none.

Sent from my SM-A127F using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here