Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone else enjoying watching Labour go into meltdown?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Two simple rules in politics - say what you believe in and believe in what you say.

New Labour breaks both of these rules time and time again. They're more concerned with image and wish to be SEEN to be doing something. If they spent half as much effort in actually doing something as they spend on PR, this country would be in a better condition.

That was under Tony B.Liar. A million of us didn't vote Labour last election while he was in Number 10, following the illegal and immoral invasion of Iraq. This time we'll be back :thumbsup:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I am looking forward to watching Boris negotiate his no-strike deal with the tube unions. If he negotiates this I will eat my own arse.

My prediction is the longest tube strike in recent memory. Add to this a few public gaffs (these must be days away now surely?) and the tories wont be such a threat anymore. People will just see them for the cretins they are.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I am looking forward to watching Boris negotiate his no-strike deal with the tube unions. If he negotiates this I will eat my own arse.

My prediction is the longest tube strike in recent memory. Add to this a few public gaffs (these must be days away now surely?) and the tories wont be such a threat anymore. People will just see them for the cretins they are.

Quite. Only a matter of time. He was even floundering about like a fish-monger on GMTV this morning :lol:

Ding Dong !

Boy I'm HOT today !
Jul 26, 2004
Worthing
Probably the same ones who remember how dire it was under the previous Labour administrations.

They always 'tax and spend'. This time has been no different. Sorry, it is. This time round they've been more cunning in terms of fleecing pension funds and putting a lot of debt not on the balance sheet. To me, a debt is still a debt, and guess what, we've got shed-loads of it now thanks to 'New' Labour.

The Tories are far from perfect, but this lot are just as corrupt as the last lot of Tories were. Can't get shot of them quick enough.

Spot on !!!:thumbsup:

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Local elections are when all the muppets come out of the woodwork.

Boris Buffoon is a trial run for the next would-be Old Etonian Toryboy government. When the tubes grind to a halt and he's publicly shown-up for the low-IQ shallow f*** that he is, then the right-wing will hopefully pass disgracefully into history, never to rear their ugly head or ugly politics again.

Gordon Brown is an honest, decent and truthful man. His heart is in the right place, And all the snideys firing cheap shots at him might just get the government they deserve.

And notice how nobody EVER mentions the Lib Dems. They should just disband. Seriously. Starting with Lewes.

Brown is truthfull? What a load of bollocks that statement is.He has being screwing people for years now and and he promised us a referendum on the Eu.
Labour are finished

bigc

Jul 5, 2003

It will never happen! Now I don't admit to liking Bob Crowe, but when you are messing around with safety on the Underground, there must be the ability to refuse to work if it looks bloody dangerous. Thank god we haven't really had many underground crashes since Moorgate in the mid '70s, but we REALLY wouldn't want that.

Gaffs? I'm less sure of these. He will have a tightly managed PR team around him and resources will be pumped into to ENSURE he doesn't f*** it up. I think the biggest gaff in Tory eyes he can commit is carrying on within a Ken-esque framework, which is something that could yet still happen despite the massive cull of various exec's.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
I've always supported Labour, but all the time Brown is in charge I won't vote for them in an election.

Most Labour supporters are stuck who to vote for and most probably won't vote because many don't believe in voting Tory, down here because of the shit they've made in this county, the Lib Dems won't get any support and the Greens are just idiots...

THis is the reason why the Tories will win the next election...Not because of Labour voters voting Tory, but because Labour supporters just won't vote.

One thing that all Brighton supporters should bear in mind is that we'd have never gotten Falmer with a Tory or Lib Dem Council or Government.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
I've always supported Labour, but all the time Brown is in charge I won't vote for them in an election.

Most Labour supporters are stuck who to vote for and most probably won't vote because many don't believe in voting Tory, down here because of the shit they've made in this county, the Lib Dems won't get any support and the Greens are just idiots...

THis is the reason why the Tories will win the next election...Not because of Labour voters voting Tory, but because Labour supporters just won't vote.

One thing that all Brighton supporters should bear in mind is that we'd have never gotten Falmer with a Tory or Lib Dem Council or Government.

Thats wrong for a start.Many labour voters have swapped sides and not only that people have had enough of them

bigc

Jul 5, 2003

Thats wrong for a start.Many labour voters have swapped sides and not only that people have had enough of them

Very few Labour voters switched sides in London though, in fact in a lot of areas there was actual a swing towards Labour and the LD's sunk badly.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Brown is truthfull? What a load of bollocks that statement is.He has being screwing people for years now and and he promised us a referendum on the Eu.
Labour are finished
:clap:

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
This Government is now being shown up as a replica of the previous incumbents. When it comes to ineptitude they have proved that any political party is prone to gaffes. I thought that Maggie would go down in history as the most despised PM until Phoney Tony took us into yet another conflict after getting the appetite for war with forays into Bosnia and Sierra Leone. The Tories are taking the centre ground in British politics , yet we all know they will prioritise looking after the middle and upper classes when they have won the next election. There is a concensus of opinion that electing the Tories will get rid of the sneaky ways everyone has been ripped off as they will be more up front in how they will rule once they are in power.

Almost all of what you say is true however I think you would get closer to the truth were you to replace the word "any" in your second sentence with the word "every"

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
Personally I think a major review of the British(or might that be English..by 2010) political system functions.

Firstly, I think we are stuck in a rot of successive mandated governments, who won't really do anything..

First term of the Tories-Oh, we need time to work out what to do, need to undo years of Labour

Second term of the Tories- ideas still under review, power struggle at the top between PM and Chancellor?

Third term of the Tories: disillusionment sets in but previous strong majorities allow them to continue while effectively rudderless due to claiming to make changes but making so few earlier..

Well I don't think it's too far fetched to see..

And then repeat, but insert Labour instead of Tories.

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
"Gordon Brown is an honest, decent and truthful man. His heart is in the right place"

On the left side of his chest maybe but he is as grabbing and power mad as the rest of them. Look at all the bollocks about him taking over from Blair when he was acting like a small child. In less than a year he has completely f***ed up everything. Brown is quite simply the worst PM we've had in decades. I welcome his ineptitude though as this may mean we get a half decent government in next time although they're virtually all as bad as each other now that Cameron has gone all "new labour" on us.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Labour will lose over the 10p tax issue - they have alienated so many of their traditional core supporters it is not even funny. Even up here in the North East the Tories are making SOME gains on local councils.

Those who call for the death of right wing politics should maybe look at this "labour" government.

Are any of the following right wing policies:

ID Cards
Longer detention for terrorists without charge
Police stop and search powers
Foreign wars in Iraq and Afghanistan
Tax breaks for foreign business investing in the UK

Answer: NO

Under this labour government there has been £16 billion invested in over 400 PFI programmes including over 20 hospitals. The gap between rich and poor is getting bigger even if the poor aren't so badly off as they once were.

Maybe before people condemn right wing parties they should look at the record of New Labour - it doesn't make for very good reading.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I find it fascinating that Labour get the plaudits for the ascendency in the economy, but the Tories get the entire blame for recession.

The seeds are sowed long before that and lets face it, our economy relies on the rest of the world. Each political party is merely a minder and Labour have made a pigs ear of their latest effort.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here