Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Anyone else considering cancelling their ST's?

South west gull

Nov 3, 2021
That’s a shame. I hope things improve for you [emoji106]
I have 2 season tickets for me & my wife she loves football as much as me we could keep 1 season ticket but we decided to give both up as it would be unfair as to which we kept.going forward we have not ruled out maybe getting 1 or 2 season tickets nearer August if not on a match to match basic.personally I think the club will do a lot of ticket offers next season like they used to do when we were in the championship 2/3/4 matches & maybe 1/2 half season tickets for the 1st half of the season.it may work out dearer for us if so that's the price you pay.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

GJN1

Nov 4, 2014
Brighton
I think we may move ours to a cheaper part of the ground, rather than the Upper East. Will save a few quid.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Is 23rd on the website but I'm sure it has always been that date

Sent from my SM-A226B using Tapatalk

Ok. Since you've pushed me, I have a personal email from the club dated 1st February confirming the transfer dates as 15th, 16th and 17th March. I spoke to the club last week and they advised that the transfer dates had been pushed back, in my case for the West from the 17th to the 23rd.

seagull77

Aug 11, 2009
If the club have lost a fair chunk of STHs, it's going to be a struggle to get those people back. I gave up mine in 2019 after a long period being a STH (this was because of the nickle and diming the club were doing by moving my family STHs into the corner so they could charge a higher day price for our old seats, so it was more on principle plus all the other usual barriers to having an enjoyable experience that has been put up). Whilst I have been tempted to get another set of STs and can certainly afford to, there's something stopping me. I also said I would go to a lot more match by match games and I haven't been to a single one in person - I just baulk at the crazy prices for tickets and the greed that I am contributing to. I think the same will happen to a lot of folks.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
If the club have lost a fair chunk of STHs, it's going to be a struggle to get those people back. I gave up mine in 2019 after a long period being a STH (this was because of the nickle and diming the club were doing by moving my family STHs into the corner so they could charge a higher day price for our old seats, so it was more on principle plus all the other usual barriers to having an enjoyable experience that has been put up). Whilst I have been tempted to get another set of STs and can certainly afford to, there's something stopping me. I also said I would go to a lot more match by match games and I haven't been to a single one in person - I just baulk at the crazy prices for tickets and the greed that I am contributing to. I think the same will happen to a lot of folks.

Yep, never saw the day coming I’d give mine up but we live in a totally different division, club culture and relationship to the one I was part of for the first 35+ years of my support. The cumulative effect of which has meant myself and many other “legacy” fans draw the line. You’ve got to be rich, single, local, self employed and devoid of any other interests or commitments really to follow the Albion home (and/or away) these days. When once you just needed the will to!

Hartlepool away next Tuesday night anyone? :lolol:

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea

Having given mine up years ago We have regularly discussed getting a pair or three, we're in a similar position but just haven't bothered, we haven't been to a game since Palace at home 2020. . . no ones that bothered by it all at the moment.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012

Club lose 2000 season ticket holders or 5-10% every year for multiple reasons. That’s pretty normal. think the lowest renewal rate at Amex has been 89% in 2015/16 - post Hyppia, the highest 96% after Prem promotion and last year in middle of lockdown it was 92%. They currently have 24K ticket holders. There’s a lot of turnover every year and this thread reflects that (cost, family, health, team form, time, travel, match day experience) . Interesting to see if it’s line with previous years or if as some are arguing an outlier.

PS I had three tickets and now have 2. I used to share two tickets amongst my three now grown up sons - one is still a massive fan and has been going since he was 8 but will be at university in Sept. I will really miss going with him. one now lives in London and says he supports Spurs of all things but goes from time to time - and one is graduating this summer and I’m not sure what he is going to do. (We’re planning on going to Leeds (A). Given he lives up that way).
So I only need one for them now really. The other two will be A+ members and I’ll share things around depending on who is around .

South west gull

Nov 3, 2021
Club lose 2000 season ticket holders or 5-10% every year for multiple reasons. That’s pretty normal. think the lowest renewal rate at Amex has been 89% in 2015/16 - post Hyppia, the highest 96% after Prem promotion and last year in middle of lockdown it was 92%. They currently have 24K ticket holders. There’s a lot of turnover every year and this thread reflects that (cost, family, health, team form, time, travel, match day experience) . Interesting to see if it’s line with previous years or if as some are arguing an outlier.

PS I had three tickets and now have 2. I used to share two tickets amongst my three now grown up sons - one is still a massive fan and has been going since he was 8 but will be at university in Sept. I will really miss going with him. one now lives in London and says he supports Spurs of all things but goes from time to time - and one is graduating this summer and I’m not sure what he is going to do. (We’re planning on going to Leeds (A). Given he lives up that way).
So I only need one for them now really. The other two will be A+ members and I’ll share things around depending on who is around .
The club must be very worried since I cancelled my 2 season tickets I have had 10 + emails asking me why & whether I would reconsider.

South west gull

Nov 3, 2021
Ok. Since you've pushed me, I have a personal email from the club dated 1st February confirming the transfer dates as 15th, 16th and 17th March. I spoke to the club last week and they advised that the transfer dates had been pushed back, in my case for the West from the 17th to the 23rd.
Pushed back cos so many non renewals.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
The club must be very worried since I cancelled my 2 season tickets I have had 10 + emails asking me why & whether I would reconsider.

More than 10 emails? When did you cancel?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012

10 ? Anyway Thats just standard customer service. They do that every year for ticketholders who cancel their tickets. Far easier and cheaper to retain a ticket holder and persuade them to reconsider ( I guess a small percentage will do so). Same when you leave Sky or BT etc etc.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
10 ? Anyway Thats just standard customer service. They do that every year for ticketholders who cancel their tickets. Far easier and cheaper to retain a ticket holder and persuade them to reconsider ( I guess a small percentage will do so). Same when you leave Sky or BT etc etc.

Now TV (Sky) offer a reduced price if you say you are going to cancel. Are you saying the Albion do the same ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here