Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Anyone else considering cancelling their ST's?

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
No! I live in Birmingham can't really afford to get to games now due to petrol cost I also now have to work 5 days a week whereas I had 4 on 4 off for 16 years so recovery time from the journey is shorter.

However my seat is, I think, one of the best in the stadium and if I gave it up I would struggle to get such a good seat. I used to give it away to family and friends this is not feasible anymore due to the fact each and everyone of them would have to pay a fee and is not suited to off the cuff attendance. I hope to set-up a share scheme with one local next season who has had to give up their ticket for financial reasons (have tentative arrangements with someone this needs forming up) it of course also allows me more likely access to games not so onerously expensive to get too (IE Villa, West Brom, Mere Green etc).

When the cost of getting too games (rail too expensive and too slow bus there is no return journey even for 12:30 games!)

I have placed all home games this season on the exchange and so far 5 have sold but then this fits the Barber plan the millionaire needs too understand just a bit more how £3000 on heating the average home, up to £2 a litre of fuel and inflation which, despite the lies the government spin you, is about 25-30% is to the average joe.

I can afford the ticket I cannot afford to get to the games especially when many are on official TV and most can be seen on unofficial TV.

Not sure I get this post? 🤔.

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
On the face of it, squeezing seats together to boost attendance revenue in the middle of a global pandemic where we were literally told to stay apart from people for 2 years is one of the more batshit money grabs the club has ever had - and doing it while nobody was in the ground too.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
90% renewal rate. Brilliant with everything going on in the world. Up the Albion!

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Club have just announced the renewal rate as 90%. That’s towards the lower end of rates at the Amex (last year it was 92, I think peak was 96 for 17/18 and I think 89 was lowest post Sami. ) But I guess they’d be pleased with that given cost of living crisis , home win drought and post Covid.
So they’ll have about 2000 or so to shift now …I think ST capacity is now about 24K

https://twitter.com/officialbhafc/status/1501956159477063681?s=21

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Will be interesting to see if the club try to get new STH to replace the 10% that didn't renew or if they plan to make more match by match seats available next season.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Not sure I get this post? 🤔.

Nor me, especially the bit about ‘giving away tickets.’ Not being able to give away tickets does not affect the cost of having a season ticket and yet the ST sharing scheme is a much quoted reason for giving up. Nobody comes on here and tells the truth that they used to sell their ticket rather than give it away.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Nor me, especially the bit about ‘giving away tickets.’ Not being able to give away tickets does not affect the cost of having a season ticket and yet the ST sharing scheme is a much quoted reason for giving up. Nobody comes on here and tells the truth that they used to sell their ticket rather than give it away.

Effects the value of having one.

South west gull

Nov 3, 2021
Club have just announced the renewal rate as 90%. That’s towards the lower end of rates at the Amex (last year it was 92, I think peak was 96 for 17/18 and I think 89 was lowest post Sami. ) But I guess they’d be pleased with that given cost of living crisis , home win drought and post Covid.
So they’ll have about 2000 or so to shift now …I think ST capacity is now about 24K

https://twitter.com/officialbhafc/status/1501956159477063681?s=21
2000 & the rest

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

I am certain that I have seen posters mention they used to ask for money to cover the cost from friends. By no means does everyone do that though. Pre Covid, I missed about 3 home games max a season due to holiday or illness, but I never once asked for money and always found a friend that was grateful.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
2000 & the rest

Well its 90% of 24,000 which was ST capacity this year - so it will be 2,400 more left to sell.
Its actually, despite everything, turned into a fairly normal take up , some downtick obviously but then capacity is 1500 or so higher than it was before Covid/lockdown

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Well its 90% of 24,000 which was ST capacity this year - so it will be 2,400 more left to sell.

Which, given the aforementioned list of legitimate reasons or otherwise, the club still having 21,600 season ticket holders at March 10th is, I think pretty impressive.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Which, given the aforementioned list of legitimate reasons or otherwise, the club still having 21,600 season ticket holders at March 10th is, I think pretty impressive.

It is. But that's not how too many will interpret it. I wouldn't be remotely surprised if the club shifted those 2,400 lost STs before the season starts either. STs are good for the club because, despite the lower price, there's lower costs on staffing, etc to shift individual tickets.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I have to say, with what is coming cost of living wise, I think that 90% is pretty impressive. I'd be interested to know what other clubs renewal rates are ?

Although I also found 'and still rising' to be a bit weird given that the renewal date has passed ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here