Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Anyone else considering cancelling their ST's?

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Or uncle Paul has been taking him to Spurs on the sly :lolol:

I know to my cost that if you think Albion + membership is a bit of cheek and expensive at £25 etc then you should see what Spurs charge for their equivalent (£48!)

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I know to my cost that if you think Albion + membership is a bit of cheek and expensive at £25 etc then you should see what Spurs charge for their equivalent (£48!)
I haven’t even looked into it if I fancy a game there’s always a ticket or I use my one of lads ST if one decides not to go. Anyway I’m sure my AMS was guaranteed for life :)

South west gull

Nov 3, 2021
Watching the (brilliant) Martin Lewis on itv just now, he summarised domestic price-cap elec/gas bills as follows (with no government intervention):

- From 1 April annual average charges up 54% to £1,971.
- From 1 October, based on the set system of averaged wholesale gas prices it’s heading towards £4,100.

For people on fixed income or just the average household, these numbers will be crippling, especially when factored in with the increased cost of running cars on any fuel.

It’s no surprise that quite a few supporters are calling it quits on ST’s.
Without heating you can die without football you can't die

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

South west gull

Nov 3, 2021
Agreed. Cost of living going up (Diesel was £1.76 in Woodingdean yesterday), food prices going up, C Tax and NI up, mortgage interest rates going up and not going to mention energy bills.

Can see 2022/23 being tough for a lot of people.
Tough that's a understatement.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Still say the team and manager find it difficult to perform under pressure the pressure being home fans or more expectation to win. Can’t see any other reason why the majority of games against teams around us are generally dismal at home.

Perhaps an emptier Amex will ease that pressure, resulting in a stack of home wins next season? :)

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
:lolol:
I blame the parent
Ha! Although I sympathise. My daughter, who came with me to the Goldstone, Gillingham, Withdean and quite a number of away games now lives in Manchester and supports Man U! (She's not a STH though, but she does go to a fair few home games).

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Ha! Although I sympathise. My daughter, who came with me to the Goldstone, Gillingham, Withdean and quite a number of away games now lives in Manchester and supports Man U! (She's not a STH though, but she does go to a fair few home games).

I suppose your daughter is now supporting one of her local clubs even if it’s that lot.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
No tops on water bottles, I can’t spend cash in the Amex, long train queue after the match, lack of Saturdays 3pm home games, a match at 8 pm on Boxing Day, lack of goals, can’t give my ST to a mate without paying extra and VAR.

I renewed my season ticket yesterday………they will have to try harder to get rid of me. :moo: :rolleyes:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
No tops on water bottles, I can’t spend cash in the Amex, long train queue after the match, lack of Saturdays 3pm home games, a match at 8 pm on Boxing Day, lack of goals, can’t give my ST to a mate without paying extra and VAR.

I renewed my season ticket yesterday………they will have to try harder to get rid of me. :moo: :rolleyes:

I’m going to complain

NigelL

Feb 23, 2012
Personal finances and a complete mess when it comes to fixtures dates/times combined with the challenge of sharing my ticket for dates I can't attend probably mean I’ve decided to give it a miss next season.

I've enjoyed the matches I've attended this year and wish it could have been more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

timco

Jul 5, 2003
Birmingham
No! I live in Birmingham can't really afford to get to games now due to petrol cost I also now have to work 5 days a week whereas I had 4 on 4 off for 16 years so recovery time from the journey is shorter.

However my seat is, I think, one of the best in the stadium and if I gave it up I would struggle to get such a good seat. I used to give it away to family and friends this is not feasible anymore due to the fact each and everyone of them would have to pay a fee and is not suited to off the cuff attendance. I hope to set-up a share scheme with one local next season who has had to give up their ticket for financial reasons (have tentative arrangements with someone this needs forming up) it of course also allows me more likely access to games not so onerously expensive to get too (IE Villa, West Brom, Mere Green etc).

When the cost of getting too games (rail too expensive and too slow bus there is no return journey even for 12:30 games!)

I have placed all home games this season on the exchange and so far 5 have sold but then this fits the Barber plan the millionaire needs too understand just a bit more how £3000 on heating the average home, up to £2 a litre of fuel and inflation which, despite the lies the government spin you, is about 25-30% is to the average joe.

I can afford the ticket I cannot afford to get to the games especially when many are on official TV and most can be seen on unofficial TV.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Only allowed a man-bag A4 or smaller?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

I can live with all of this but the one thing which did annoy/worry me was the squashing up of the seats. Thankfully this didn’t happen to me, but I’d be very pissed off if it ever does.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I can live with all of this but the one thing which did annoy/worry me was the squashing up of the seats. Thankfully this didn’t happen to me, but I’d be very pissed off if it ever does.

I’m not sure the seats have been moved where I sit in the WSU, mine is exactly the same and I’m not sure it could be moved as it’s at the end of a row, next to steps.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Hasn’t happened in our block either. If they do it’ll be my steady weight gain that will lead me to give up my ST…….might have to move to 1901 at some point :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here