Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone been to a La Liga game?

little al

Crystal Palace fan
Apr 4, 2009
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Malaga can be difficult for the 'big' games. But as they have recently played Barca & Real many lower priced games are coming up....try for tickets here....Pea Internacional Malaguista

A lot of the season ticket holders at Malaga sell their tickets for the big games Barca/Real as the atmosphere is usually not as good. Full of tourists etc. Expect to pay upwards of 8o euros though.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Warning- that's not so. And if they (or any other of the Spanish teams) are playing in the Champions League the following week they will DEFINITELY play on Saturday.

Malaga has a very high percentage of season ticket holders and is not a specially large ground, so it might not be as easy to get a ticket for their game as you think.

If you don't know the kick off times before you book something then go to Madrid, as then you've got a choice between Real, Atletico, Getafe and Rayo Vallecano, or you could then get a train to another place in an emergency.

I have been to Malaga a few times, and know 3 or 4 season ticket holders at La Rosaleda. For details go to Peña Internacional Malagusta The site is run by a good friend of mine, Chocky. There is a forum on there as well.

Malaga can be difficult for the 'big' games. But as they have recently played Barca & Real many lower priced games are coming up....try for tickets here....Pea Internacional Malaguista

Thanks. We are looking at 3rd Mar. Madrid a good idea but that date is El Classico so more chance of Mila Kunis having my children than getting tickets for that.

Might book last minute, as Malaga flights plentiful and prices not changing for short notice, I.e 2 weeks today.

Will check out that forum too!

Baaaald

3rd time lucky
Aug 7, 2011
Haywards Heath
Went to barca vs ath Bilbao in 2009. tickets very easy to get hold off although the kick off time kept changing which was a bit weird. Turns out Spanish Dave was on the bench that day although it didn't mean a lot to me then! Was a little bit more interested in xavi et al.........

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Real Bettis in Seville is fun but my favourite is at the other end of Spain at Athletic Bilbao. Stadium San Mamés is wonderful, the City is fabulous, the Pinxtos (Tapas) divine, the red wine delectable ,the Guggenheim spectacular.....say no more!

Go and go soon......

TNBA

TTF

Half Man Half Biscuit

Oct 10, 2003
Hove
On that same weekend you've got Sevilla v Celta Vigo; Easy Jet fly to from Gatwick to Sevilla which is a magnificent place to spend a weekend. They also fly to Valencia who are playing Levante in a local derby, and Valencia is a brilliant weekend destination too. Manalo El Bombo - the guy who bangs the drum at Spanish matches - has a bar opposite the stadium in Valencia which is full of football memorabilia and of course drums.

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
Have a home in Valencia region but not yet made the trip to a game. Won't be long though, on the cards.

aldershot village

Jan 22, 2013
Levante v Espanyol in September ,Levante 2 down in 20 Mins won 3 2 in the 96th min .12,000 gate pay on the day 15 Euro behind the goal or 25 euro on the side is what we paid good value considering we'd payed 12 Euro earlier in the day to watch Huracan Valencia v Binasalem in a Div 3 Spanish game.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Missing the next 2 England games so want a decent 24-48 hour football related trip to make up for it.

Thought about Germany but no fixtures tie in with the dates we want to go.

Looking at Spain, but it seems they only "confirm" fixtures around 2 weeks before the game, and as we are looking to go on a Sunday obviously don't want to go to a city where the game will be a Saturday or something. Anyone had any experience here, or is it literally wait 2 weeks before to book, or take a gamble? Was hoping they might do a month at a time but it really does look week on week.

We are thinking about Malaga, so hoping tickets will be easy and cheap

We went to Valencia last year, which is a great city to visit, and we saw Valencia vs Granada which was pay on the gate. The Mestalla is in a bit of a state now, but well worth a seeing a game at.

With a visit to Valencia, if their fixture changed, you have got Levante and Villarreal very close by as well.

house your seagull

Train à Grande Vitesse
Jul 7, 2004
Manchester
I went to see Athletic Bilbao at the San Mames last October, I went because the ground is being pulled down at the end of this season.

Great experience in one of the great stadiums of Europe, I was so pleased I went and the city is super cool.

The tickets were bought from a BBVA cash machine in the city centre. Cost me about 35 euros to be in with the nutters.

Hopefully going to see Atleti in the Vicente Calderon in September, and maybe Sociedad in San Seb in April.

00snook

Aug 20, 2007
Southsea
Yes, recently went to see Barca play Athletic Bilbao. Cheaper to get tickets in town than to go via ticketmaster!

Saw this same fixture about 5 years ago whilst on a friends atag do.

We prepared for the match by drinking pints of half red wine half coke with Bilbao fans for the three hours beforw kick off.

Great fun.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Warning- that's not so. And if they (or any other of the Spanish teams) are playing in the Champions League the following week they will DEFINITELY play on Saturday.

Malaga has a very high percentage of season ticket holders and is not a specially large ground, so it might not be as easy to get a ticket for their game as you think.

If you don't know the kick off times before you book something then go to Madrid, as then you've got a choice between Real, Atletico, Getafe and Rayo Vallecano, or you could then get a train to another place in an emergency.

This - there will almost always be a game in Madrid on a Sunday if you aren't fussy who you see.

Marky

Well...
Mar 3, 2006
WR1
Real Bettis in Seville is fun but my favourite is at the other end of Spain at Athletic Bilbao. Stadium San Mamés is wonderful, the City is fabulous, the Pinxtos (Tapas) divine, the red wine delectable ,the Guggenheim spectacular.....say no more!

Go and go soon......

TNBA

TTF

What he said.

Went to Athletic v Espanyol last season. 3-3 and one of the best games of football i've ever seen. No problem getting a ticket from a cashpoint on matchday.

They've been a bit off the boil this season (Javi Martinez sold, Llorente in a contract dispute) but Bilbao's worth the trip - cheap to fly there, great stadium and atmosphere (though they'll soon be moving), bit of culture, and loads of decent bars.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here